Used 2016 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Wish I coukd have this exa t same vehicle in my 19
By Greg

2016 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Didnt have AWD ! Amazing car with leather sport bucket seats in the Terracotta package. Amazing color and unfortunately not available anymore. Has great lines, comfortable interior, rides smooth with precise handling and is a very reliable car

Make sure you are aware of all your cons!
By Ford lease

2016 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased a 2016 ford fusion se with lots of packages. 1.5L engine, leather seats, sunroof, nav, power seats, heated seats, heated mirrors, backup sensors. It was great. lots of features and i got a great price.. Within a few weeks after i got it, there was a popup on my screen saying the gps sd card is faulty. so had to replace that and havent had a problem since then. other cons: POOR FUEL MILEAGE. Highway i can achieve maximum 32mpg and city (living in long island, ny) achieving 19 mpg on a good day. other sedans are much more productive. DO NOT get the goodyear eagle sport tires. i am not a crazy driver yet i had 2 of them torn up at about 20k miles and another 2 were wearing down low at around 25k miles. another thing - battery died at 34,000 miles. right before my lease ended. acceleration: you definitely feel the turbo lag from 0-30 but in speeds upwards of 60mpg, it does great and especially fun to drive in sport mode. I also feel like it would not be a long term car because by the end of 3 years, i am hearing the speakers crackling, the bluetooth isnt connecting right to my phone. these things should not be happening on a car that is barely 3 years old. also - front seat headroom isnt great with the leather and sunroof. rear seat headroom is ok. but legroom isnt too great in the rear. i'd say below average for a midsize sedan. trunk is larger than expected! probably my favorite quality. plenty of cargo space in all seats to store your stuff. lots of junk spaces. car looks great in and out. driving it is fun. cornering is fun. interior knobs and gauges look luxurious especially at night with the blue lighting. i just dont get the feel like this is the type of car that can last past 100,000 miles. paid 210 with taxes and first month payment upfront. very good deal but i do not like the people at the dealership now.

Great delivery car
By Bill Hoffee

2016 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2016 model is a little longer and narrower than previous models. But you get used to that quickly. The 4 new tires are like magnets to the road and it is great for urban driving. I drive for Grubhub and this vehicle suits my needs perfectly. Its a fine vehicle and you should seriously consider it if you get the right price. I'm very satisfied. The 2.5L 4 banger can outrun other V6s.

Check them out very carefully before you buy Any
By Millie

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For the Ford Fusion. I test drove all 3 versions. The 2.5 Duratech Ford built engine is underpowered, and noisy, especially when accelerating and basically it is unrefined in my opinion. That's why this model with the 2.5 is always cheaper where ever you see it. . They could have probably put that engine in the focus and got away with it. However, If you don't mind that, go ahead an buy it and save about 4,000 because no body really wants it. But other than that, it's essentially the same car. The 1.5 echo boost is a bit stronger and is a better than the 2.5, but is still a bit noisy on acceleration. The 2.0 is probably the right choice for this car, but you take a hit in fuel economy and it's hard to buy one unless it's a loaded, very expensive, SE version or Titanium. For a car this size, I was expecting a better suspension. Even the compact less expensive, smaller, Ford Focus suspension gives a better ride (don't buy that car - google class action lawsuit - transmission ford focus). The ride is not bad though on the Fusion - just okay. I would not recommend it for long trips because the rear suspension seems to be partially sport tuned and stiff and you can feel the whole car rattle from the back on some that you hit. One of the big downers of this car in my opinion is that Ford Forces you take on the 17, 18, 19 models, a push button start and a Knob transmission. Whereas other major auto manufacturers give you a choice on some of their cars to take that or the normal shift and key ignition. The push button electronic start, I did have one on another Ford Titanium car I had owned. I do not recommend it. Eventually it burns out or malfunctions and it's a trip and 1/2 to get it to start - and scary especially if you are out of warranty. You are much safer with the key that turns the mechanism rather than relying on electronic start from the push button on the dash. The transmission knob (instead of a traditional shift), looks cool but is awkward and dangerous in my opinion. With an automatic shift, I can shift it up and down with my eyes closed if I had to, but in the very least they stay glued to the road. But with this, I have to periodically stare down for 10 or 15 seconds or so and see what exactly I am shifting into. Ford arrogantly installed this on all models from 17 to present without doing the research and asking the customers what they want. Coincidentally consumer reports, April 2018 edition stated that models from 2017 and later show worse than average reliability in Power equipment and in-car electronics. (it's not a coincidence in my opinoin!), while 16's, 15's etc, have better than average reliability in those areas. I am sending them a message by not buying any of their Ford Fusion cars from 17 or newer and I hope you will the same. By the way, the dealer that we visited had an abundance of brand new 17 fusions still on the lot. (that should tell you something - yes?) But if none of what I told you bother you, you could probably get a good deal pricewise if you bargain on a 17 and get it for less money than an 18 or 19 (it's essentially the same car), even though the 18 has large rebate until 1/1/2019.

Ford Fustion Titanium is the car for me
By AF

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've leased this vehicle for 3 years. If my residual was not so high, I'd purchase it outright. The interior is roomy, comfy (especially on long trips) and averages 37 mph on the interstate. The trunk room is absolutely fantastic. I'd like the instrumentation to be a bit more user friendly. Other than that, I have no complaints. I'm disappointed that Ford is phasing out the Fusion Titanium. The Fusion is as small as I want to go and I'm not that keen on having a SUV again.