Used 2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Do your research.
By Dpforfun2014@gmail.com

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has been a headache. 6 recalls. Leather seats prematurely worn. I had 38k miles on it. Warranty is a joke. Multiple trips to dealer for transmission issues. Motor doesn't get mpg. Ford was sued for that. Things don't line up on parts on the interior so garbage build quality. The sync info system is a total glitchy and slow garbage screen to have to use. The auto unlock function with key fob doesn't work consistently or it keeps relocking the door as your open it. Another glitchy garbage feature. My last ford. 2nd fusion I've owned and both had major issues. My wife used to love ford's. Not anymore.

My dream car!
By Mike N

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car! I had to start with that. This is a really nice car. I had previously rented a Ford Fusion Titanium and I instantly fell in love with the way it drove and the really cool features it had. I was sad to give it back, lol! So I decided to get one myself. This car rocks! The Ford Fusion is a midsize, but it feels bigger on the inside. It handles like a smaller car. It has a very confident feel in the way it goes down the road. On the highway, it's like a luxury car. Very quiet and stable. I have the Titanium trim which has the 2.0 Turbo four. It pulls like a V6. The interior is also very nice. Nice soft touch plastics, an awesome sound system, and a great navigation system, make the interior a very inviting place. You also change the color of the mood lights. I have no worries that it'll be reliable and hold for a long time. It feels like it'll last for a long time. Before you buy one, make sure you test drive each trim level. There's a Fusion for everyone!

Boring Car
By Ron

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 26 and my parents bought this car for me in the gorgeous blue exterior color while I was living abroad. The interior and exterior of this car really looks luxurious and the comfort of the car is unmatched. But that's pretty much where the positives for this car end. Mine is the old carry-over transmission (which I guess is good because the old transmission has received very high reliability ratings), but it's extremely slow, so slow that it's frustrating at times. It is in fact the slowest car I have ever driven (even my very first car a 2000 Mitsu Galant drove better) I absolutely hated driving this car and so did my brother. The gas mileage sucks too - I used to get 20 miles a gallon in mixed driving. When I compared this to my brother's Hyundai Sonata, the Sonata lacks behind in interior quality and comfort but overall is a much much better car as far driving dynamics, fuel economy and etc... After owning this car for a year, I gave it to my dad and got a Mustang.

Ford cant build or fix their cars! DON'T DO IT!
By McGovern

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have brought my brand new vehicle in at least seven times(probably more) in roughly two years. That is absolutely unacceptable for a new car. I have outlined the major issues below that I've brought my vehicle into the dealership for. I can't trust this car to be reliable in the future, would you? At this point, I am fed up and on the verge of trading this car in and I will never recommend Ford to anyone. The regional area managers keep referring me back to their dealerships and they can't seem to correct the numerous issues with their product. All I've gotten from Ford is a Premium Care Extended Service Plan for 5yrs 75k for all of this....thanks for nothing! There's obviously issues with Ford and their designs/quality. The 635f transmission on this especially look it up it shouldn't even be out there but shows how much they care. Here's the list of my troubles with this:

On February 5, 2015 - My vehicle was leaking transmission fluid at 6,412 miles. The front axle shaft assembly needed to be replaced.

February 21, 2015 - Transmission was making a grinding noise, shifts rough randomly usually 1st to 2nd, flares shifting when cold, slams into gear from park to reverse randomly.(said couldn't reproduce problem)

May 16, 2015 - Weather stripping on rear door was loose and the p/s wheel well cover was loose due to missing pins.

June 16, 2015 - Light sensor was inoperable at 9,255 miles. (had them check transmission for same above...same answer)

July 11, 2015 - Brought vehicle in for power steering recall. Mileage display faded in areas when hot inside (had them check transmission for same above...same answer. Now also can't replicate mileage display problem....)

Feb 20th - Rear headliner hanging down.The audio speaker on the passenger side makes a vibrating noise during certain bass frequencies. The dealership disconnected it and then plugged it back in and they were not able to correct the issue. Reset ACM for trans helped for about one week......

May 7th - Passenger side speaker now sounding consistently terrible when wet and cold. Speaker was replaced. (had them check transmission for same above...same answer. Now also can't replicate mileage display problem....)

I may have forgotten some of the pointless visits but as you can see 7 here that are legit things that had to be fixed and I'm at around 16,000 miles and I still have issues lingering especially this jerky transmission they say is fine. Says it all....

transmission or motor
By Diana

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The transmission and motor are both unreliable and poor after a certain amount of time and the air bag light with out a reason