Used 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Fun to drive!
By Bill C

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Fusion new and have owned it for close to two years (22,000 miles). Love the styling inside and out. My main complaint is activating the navigation system with voice commands. I believe it should work seamlessly like Google Maps - "..directions to 123 S Main St, CityName". Not even close. I have demoed this to friends and it is so awful to engage the navigation - it is comical. It will not accept a generic command and forces you though the questions it needs. Takes way too long and frequently does not even work. The Sync voice command interface is inconsistent as well.

I average about 27.3 mpg with mostly highway commuter driving conditions. I am pleased with this given the level of performance this car delivers. The car is a bit jerky at low speeds. Seems like a transmission design issue. This is not a huge distraction, but I hope Ford addresses it in the future.

Huge trunk - seats fold down easily for additional storage when needed. Love the Rudy Red paint. Get lots of compliments.

Overall, I am very pleased.

"THE DARKSIDE"
By Roy JENNINGS

Going Back to Honda
By Jillian Johnson

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I like my fusion, it's beautiful. Here are the reasons I'm going back to Honda after this car.
1. My car is one year old. My back up camera has already quit working. Fortunately, it is covered under warranty. However, it still took a half day of vacation to go get it fixed.
2. The transmission is already acting up.
3. I get 16 MPG in the city and 21 on the highway
4. When I start the car, my the air from my vents smells like mildew.

Great car
By Chris Grisdale

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car after having a 2007 Fusion that I never had to fix anything on besides normal things like tires and brakes. I have 22k on the new car with only one problem the seatbelt in the back was made wrong. The dealer replaced it and every thing works great. My 2007 Fusion got about 26 MPG (2.3l 4-cyl manual transmision) on my run to work and had about a 160Hp my new Fusion is getting about 27-28 MPG with 240Hp (2.0l turbo)...I'd say that is a win for EcoBoost. My Ford Touch can be slow at times but I love it. Heated and Cooled seats are the best. The heated steering wheel needs work the outer rim heats up but nothing else. This is the first automatic trasmission that I have not hated. I usually drive manuals but my wife talked me into an automatic because she can't/won't drive one.
Update... Nothing new to report after almost 40k no problems. Change oil, fill with gas and drive. When the construction on my way to work finishes, my gas milage should get better. Sitting sit idling in traffic jams does not help.
Almost to 50k no problems. Everything works like it should. Love the cooled seats, well worth the money. Took it on a long trip and avaraged 32MPG over 2000miles not bad. The rain sensing winshield wipers work very well but have a hard time with fine road spray after a rain has stopped.

Great Car So far
By grisd1969

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I put about 20,000 miles a year on my cars and I wanted something comfy and big I'm 6'7" so no sunroof but other wise I fit just fine in the car. I had a 2007 Fusion with the 4-cyl and a manual trans and compaired to this car I get 2 MPG better and gained about 70 Hp...I'd say that was a win for Ford. My 07 never broke just kept going and going. Hopefully my 14 will do the same. I almost allways had manual transimissions and this it the first auto that I like. Love the down shift when slowing down and having the paddles to take over when I want to.

Heated and cooled seats are the bomb. SNYC is realy nice once you get used to it. In the beginning it is a pain but now I love it. The turbo 2.0 is fun but laying into it will really hurt the gas milage but it is worth it.

Heated steering wheel could use some work only heats the outer rim of the wheel not the whole thing.