2012 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: What a disappointment

2012 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.0L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

What a disappointment
By gimmeabrk on

2012 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a CPO 2012 Ford Fusion SEL with the 3.0L V6 FWD and the piece of crap gets 14 to 14.5 mpg in the city. I've taken it to two dealerships and they've told me that I need to drive it like grandma in order to get better mileage. Believe me I am NOT driving aggressively - I wouldn't be able to afford it! I'm taking off from a light so slowly that people behind me are getting angry with me.
The EPA estimates for this car (FWD) are 20 City and 27 Hwy with 23 combined.
One dealership ran a computerized mpg test and got 20.5 mpg combined Hwy and City driving.
So by Ford's own admission, even when you drive the car like grandma, you don't get the EPA estimated averages.

• Noise and vibration
  • Engine

• Dealership support
  • Transmission
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By skicat2
on 05/12/14 12:11 PM (PDT)

That's funny. I bought a 2012 SEL V6 a week ago. 33K on the clock. I get 26+ in town and 33+ on the hwy.

By mementomori
on 05/17/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

Something is fishy with this review. I had an '06 Fusion 3.0 that consistently got 21-23 mpg in the city; 27-30 on the highway, depending on speed. Sometimes over 30. And that was with over 100k on the clock. That was before improvements to the 3.0 that both increased power and helped fuel economy.

By dabears7
on 12/06/14 08:05 AM (PST)

Well up top it says vehicle is AWD but in the review it says FWD