Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Life Saver
By Amber Johnson

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We owned a 2011 Ford Fusion. We are so happy that the car's accident safety features worked so well! Our son, 17 years old, was in a bad accident driving 80 mph on a highway. He lost control and hit a guardrail. Everyone was amazed that our son was walking around with just a few cuts on his forehead and one bruise on the inside of his elbow. He ended up with several stitches in his forehead and a concussion. We are so thankful that the safety features in the car saved our son's life!

By Victoria

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent computer vehicle

2011 Ford Fusion Sport
By J. Isley

2011 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Fusion new in 2011, I have been very satisfied with this car. Great fuel economy, runs great with lots of spunk and is a very pretty car. No real problems with this car just regular maintenance.

I'll Never Buy Another Ford
By Christopher Clifford

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with 62,000 miles. In 2015, Ford issued a recall for the power steering module on the car. The module would either be replaced or reprogrammed to fix the issue of sudden power steering loss. I brought the car to my local dealer who decided not to replace but to reprogram the power steering unit and gave me a Ford warranty for the unit good for 10 years or 150,000 miles. In March 2017, the Fusion lost all power steering. Fortunately, it occurred in my driveway, not the highway. (Since the Fusion power steering is electronic and not power assist, when the electronics fail, the steering goes completely dead.) Ford refused to honor the warranty or its recall, stating that if the error code is not still showing on the car's computer, Ford can't be sure the power steering failed and therefore wouldn't honor the warranty. Shortly after that the power steering module malfunctioned again but this time the car didn't completely lose steering. When I brought it to the Ford dealer the second time I was informed that the power steering module was defective and needed to be replaced. However, Ford would still not honor its recall or warranty for the module because the error code for the unit didn't match the error code approved for the recall of the module. I again called Ford Motor Company about this issue. Ford confirmed that it would not honor the warranty for the power steering module even though the recalled module had now failed in two completely different ways.

ConFusion
By Will

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall a great car for the money.