Used 2011 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Very pleased
By chootoi

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 SEL in tuxedo black and I love it. I traded in my Altima, which was a a great car. The only issues I've had is that the SYNC system was an unreliable piece of junk the first year. Ford finally released an update in May 2012, and SYNC has worked flawlessly since then with my iPhone 4S. My 3.5L Altima had a lot of punch, and the Fusion doesn't have quite as much get-up-and-go. That took a little getting used to. I test drove the 4-Cyl Fusion and that was too big a drop-off. I get just under 23 MPG in mixed driving--19 miles one-way to work each day on highway, the rest in town. That's a little disappointing, but I don't really drive in a way that lends itself to better mileage.:)

SYNC is great FINALLY. It was really frustrating and unreliable until the update. I also love the way the car looks. I went for the remote starter, took the stupid dealer pinstripe off (just a way to take 90 bucks from you), tint job, spoiler, black grille instead of chrome, moonroof, and that almost glittery tuxedo black exterior with black leather interior. It's a really great looking car.

I wish the engine were a little more powerful, but I knew I was stepping down in power when I bought the car. Still, my Altima got about 21MPG and my Fusion gets only about 23, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Best Car Ever Owned
By otownmanboy

2011 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, I own and drive the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the automatic transmission.
( Not a listed option for this model under review section as it should be. )

I have been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967.
The most impressive thing about this car is it's thoroughness in it's excellence from the most major thing to the most minor thing.
It does EVERYTHING well that a car driver would hope and expect a car to do.
I have the completely loaded version and I challenge anyone to find a better fully loaded midsize family sedan for under 25,000 sold in America.
If you do, please let me know as I will have to see it to believe it!

1.small L shaped perpendicular center console allowing for lots of legroom ( other car manufacturers in this segment take note: The bulky concave center consoles you use severely limit leg room for driver's comfort! ) 2. the instrument control panel behind the steering wheel has the most used speedometer centralized in it's cluster ( other car makers in this segment seem to think the speedmometer should be everywhere except centralized as it has been since, say, the invention of the auto! ) 3. fun, smooth, quiet, comfortable and dependable high tech ride

Highly recommend this car. Drive one. you will join the club!

Solid performer
By jtice

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE after extensive research in December 2010.
I went for the automatic transmission model.
Now, I've got 31,000 miles on the vehicle.
I haven't had the first problem with it yet.
I was just told of a recall on this model due to trouble with the wheels.

Vehicle is very responsive in turns, accelerates well, has a spacious trunk and comfortable interior.
I've gotten as high as 36 mpg on long flat stretches of highway, such as through Kansas and northern Indiana.
Typical, 33 mpg. I wish there was a bit less plastic panelling and a more stylish interior.
Of course, I could have gotten that with the SEL model for a few grand more.
Overall, very pleased.

Excellent fuel consumption for a vehicle of this size and weight, while maintaining good acceleration and handling characteristics. Looks good.

Less plastic in the interior, more wood, aluminum, chrome paneling. Better access method for oil changes. The plastic shielding is irritating to remove from both the filter and the oil plug. The dashboard glovebox sticks frequently when it's cold outside. Better latching mechanism.

Watch out, bad transmission!
By lizziebeth2785

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March 2011. The car was first into the shop 6 months after I bought it for shifting problems.
They replaced the universal trans assembly.
Then I get a postcard to come in to the shop for the lug nuts being recalled.
So then I take it back.
I tell them that it after starting it if it has been sitting for a while that I have to press on the accelerator pretty hard just for it to start moving.
They told me this was due to the fluids needing to warm up!
The car is not even a year old!
So then I call a different Ford dealer for their opinion and was told that is completely false. I took it back and now they tell me it's normal!
Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corp

Interior is very nice and I love the lighting on the dashboard

Better transmission and hubcaps because they are super cheap and crack easily

Low power poor transmission
By buddyboy59

2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

made the mistake of buying the 4cyl over the 6,the 4cyl is adequate for about town,but merging on to a freeway is a white knuckle experience,trans shifts hard from 1st to second,been to dealer,supposedly fixed,same problem,comfortable ride,handles well,rotors warped at 5600 miles,not overly impressed at this point.

styling

ford needs to remove the useless frills mood lighting,back up camera etc and improve the basics,brakes that dont warp,a trans that shifts properly,and a 4cyl that has some getup and go