Used 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Best Car That I've Ever Owned
By carcritic3

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in June 2011 and had 51000 miles on it when I traded it on a 2016 Mustang V-6. In the time that I owned it , I had ZERO problems of any type with the car. The car looked like new inside and out when I traded it. It ran just as well as it did when I purchased it new. Had I not wanted the new Mustang so badly I would have still been driving it. This was and still is by far the best car that I've ever owned in my 50 + years of driving. It was free of rattles and squeaks when it was traded and still gave excellent performance. In fact I kind of wish that I had kept the car. Unfortunately Ford no longer offers a V-6 in the current generation of the Fusion unless you buy the Fusion Sport. Even though the build quality and materials in the current generation Mustang are much improved over prior models, they're still is not up the quality of this 2011 Fusion. Every Mustang that I've ever owned has had annoying dash squeaks and rattles. This Fusion was as tight as the day I got it. It was a great car. I wish that I could have found a way to have kept it instead of trading it.
I traded a 2007 V-6 Mustang Premium Coupe for the Fusion and the build quality, comfort, interior materials quality are much better than the Mustang. The acceleration is as good as the Mustang and the fuel mileage is much better. I have had no problems with this car in the time that I've owned it.

Just a nice car to drive and ride in
By stephen64

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 3 years and 33,000 miles, I still enjoy driving this 4 cylinder SEL.
This is a very comfortable, quiet car that still looks & drives great with no problems.
Before buying, I tried many other cars as rentals (frequent travel).
The Fusion was the one I liked the best and the 6 cylinder version was a lot of fun to drive.
For my own car, I wanted better mileage.
The only added options were the moon roof and Sony audio.
The sound quality is excellent.
I don't use the SYNC features.
Steering is just OK, definitely not sporty but handling and ride quality are good.
For style, this is not a car you look and say WOW!
Interior & exterior design are simple with good quality materials.

Nothing about this car irritates me. Quiet - little road or wind noise. No squeaks. This is one of the quietest cars I have been in with great ride quality. Excellent sound with the upgrade Sony audio. Good interior material quality & appearance. Automatic climate control - fabulous. The only time I touch it is to defog/defrost windows. The fan speeds up/down slowly, is quiet, & never blasts you. Uniform temperature. Mirrors - the self-dimming rear view mirror works & looks great. Side mirrors with blind-spot mirror - love them. Like all heated seats, they are wonderful in the winter. Plenty of room, even in the back seat. Plenty of cup holders/pockets everywhere.

Fuel economy could be better. In local driving, maybe 21 mpg (can be worse). For high-speed highway driving, 31 mpg. Faster steering ratio. While the seats really are comfortable and the driver's seat is highly adjustable, I would prefer a little more support. You sit on the seat, not in it. Would have preferred an option for heated cloth, not leather seats. Radio antenna design sticking up on the back of the car looks stupid.

Fusion 2011 Engine shutdown
By ferb1

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my car from Frontier Ford mid 2011.
Never go there again.
The service department is unreliable too. The car loss power while driving (doesn't matter what speed).
Take it to fix 4 times.
Couldn't fix it. Ford or the dealership won't admit to any issue.
IN fact, they said that my warranty ran out.
Told me I should have bought the extended warranty.
For the past 2 years, I have been dealing the loss of power in the car.
Now I understand the statement "What do see on the middle of the road?
A DEAD FORD"

Hardware is good software pathetic
By snowfire20

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have only minor issues with the hardware of a vehicle. The cruise control seems to downshift when on hills. The major issue is with sync. Ford lied when they told me no problem buy the 2011 and within 6 months we will have a sync upgrade for pandora. Its been 3 years and not even 1 update to the sync system. I will not buy for again.

Its a car it gets me from point a to b. The moon and tune system for a factory isn't worth it.

Support the systems you develop with updates.

My main problem is with SYNC I have had nothing but problems from the word go. Between Ford and Microsoft it one of the worst products to be in a car. I own a 2011 Ford Fusion SE and a 2012 Ford Focus and because of SYNC being what it is I will never buy a Ford again it just lost another customer.
By musicgeek

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Car is good but Sync stinks.

SYNC,SYNC,SYNC,SYNC......