Used 2011 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Solid car but
By snowfire20

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car but it does have some major drawbacks for me.
1) Im a techie. I love techie things. So i saw the ford sync system i loved it. I was told of all the things there doing and what the system will become. Then i was shown what it did. I wasn't impressed with what it did but what it was going to be doing got me to buy it. Now 2 years later nothing i was told about has happened. Pandora tough luck should have gotten a 2012. Noone at ford will even aknowledge there doing updates on the system. they either lie to you or keep things from there own customer support. I've been a ford owner for all but one of my cars. This will prolly be my last ford there customer service on this terrible

the car is great

the sync system. Actually updating the system would be nice.

Solid car but sync support is terrible
By snowfire20

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car. It drives great the handling and performance are perfect. The only issue is Ford;s sync support. There is none. There support staff know nothing about when or if they will upgrade. They dangle adding pandora or applink but no date has been set. Its been 2 years. Ford may have been the first to start with sync but there last place when it comes to customer service on sync.

the moon n tune package is awsome.

Sync. They do not support it. If you buy the 2012 it will have pandora if you got the 2011 they have no idea if they are looking into adding that feature. If i could do over i would not buy this car. Im a tech geek. So things like sync are that important.

Very pleased
By chootoi

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 SEL in tuxedo black and I love it. I traded in my Altima, which was a a great car. The only issues I've had is that the SYNC system was an unreliable piece of junk the first year. Ford finally released an update in May 2012, and SYNC has worked flawlessly since then with my iPhone 4S. My 3.5L Altima had a lot of punch, and the Fusion doesn't have quite as much get-up-and-go. That took a little getting used to. I test drove the 4-Cyl Fusion and that was too big a drop-off. I get just under 23 MPG in mixed driving--19 miles one-way to work each day on highway, the rest in town. That's a little disappointing, but I don't really drive in a way that lends itself to better mileage.:)

SYNC is great FINALLY. It was really frustrating and unreliable until the update. I also love the way the car looks. I went for the remote starter, took the stupid dealer pinstripe off (just a way to take 90 bucks from you), tint job, spoiler, black grille instead of chrome, moonroof, and that almost glittery tuxedo black exterior with black leather interior. It's a really great looking car.

I wish the engine were a little more powerful, but I knew I was stepping down in power when I bought the car. Still, my Altima got about 21MPG and my Fusion gets only about 23, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Best Car Ever Owned
By otownmanboy

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, I own and drive the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the automatic transmission.
( Not a listed option for this model under review section as it should be. )

I have been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967.
The most impressive thing about this car is it's thoroughness in it's excellence from the most major thing to the most minor thing.
It does EVERYTHING well that a car driver would hope and expect a car to do.
I have the completely loaded version and I challenge anyone to find a better fully loaded midsize family sedan for under 25,000 sold in America.
If you do, please let me know as I will have to see it to believe it!

1.small L shaped perpendicular center console allowing for lots of legroom ( other car manufacturers in this segment take note: The bulky concave center consoles you use severely limit leg room for driver's comfort! ) 2. the instrument control panel behind the steering wheel has the most used speedometer centralized in it's cluster ( other car makers in this segment seem to think the speedmometer should be everywhere except centralized as it has been since, say, the invention of the auto! ) 3. fun, smooth, quiet, comfortable and dependable high tech ride

Highly recommend this car. Drive one. you will join the club!

Solid performer
By jtice

2011 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE after extensive research in December 2010.
I went for the automatic transmission model.
Now, I've got 31,000 miles on the vehicle.
I haven't had the first problem with it yet.
I was just told of a recall on this model due to trouble with the wheels.

Vehicle is very responsive in turns, accelerates well, has a spacious trunk and comfortable interior.
I've gotten as high as 36 mpg on long flat stretches of highway, such as through Kansas and northern Indiana.
Typical, 33 mpg. I wish there was a bit less plastic panelling and a more stylish interior.
Of course, I could have gotten that with the SEL model for a few grand more.
Overall, very pleased.

Excellent fuel consumption for a vehicle of this size and weight, while maintaining good acceleration and handling characteristics. Looks good.

Less plastic in the interior, more wood, aluminum, chrome paneling. Better access method for oil changes. The plastic shielding is irritating to remove from both the filter and the oil plug. The dashboard glovebox sticks frequently when it's cold outside. Better latching mechanism.