Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

love my fusion
By kitman2

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed.
My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION......the throttle body also failed since I had written this report.....NO MORE FORD FUSION FOR ME
I GOT RID OF THIS PROBLEM FILLED CAR........THERE WERE ALSO ASSORTED ELECTRICAL ISSUES NOT REPORTED ON THE ORIGINAL REVIEW
THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED A GREMLIN.......
My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient

location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving.
I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality.
That is usually found out after a person buys it! .
SOLD
THE FUSION......WENT BACK TO A FORD ESCAPE......MUCH BETTER FOR MY DESIRES AND NEEDS
THE ESCAPE I BOUGHT IS MILES AHEAD OF THIS CAR.....I HAVE NOW OWNED THIS 2012 ESCAPE FOR 2 YEAR AND COUNTING.
FORD IS STILL NUMBER ONE MANUFACTURE OF NORTH AMERICAN MADE .

Not sure about this car yet...
By jmon1

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2010 Fusion new and it has 26,000 miles on it.
Everything was fine until the 3 year warranty expired.
In the last week I have had the A/C manifold replaced, the transmission throttle (scary when the car dies going 70 mph) and had a tire blowout.
Thank God I bought the extended warranty as it was well worth the extra $2700. I also bought the road hazard protection warranty, both good for 60,000 miles with a $100. deductible.
I would have already spent in the thousands getting this car fixed, but with the warranty I'm only out $200.
Personally, I think the car handles and rides OK and the MPG is not bad.
I think it's hard to see out of the rear deck though..

Body Style MPG

Lower the rear deck to make visibilty easier and the clock is really hard to see.

2010 Ford Fusion 6 cyl Sport
By dideerooster

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my fusion 2 1/2 yrs ago with 3000 miles on it. At 18000 miles had to replace the brakes all around. Now at 25000 miles it's in the shop for the transmission. While on a trip, the tach would rev back and forth while loosing power when "trying" to shift into high gear. When it finally did shift, it shifted hard. Did this 7 times before we got it home. Took it right to garage and it sat there exactly 7 days before they even pulled it inside. Now they have it torn apart trying to find the problem.. Really shocked at the problems. My husband has had 3 as company cars and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

It's looks

More room on the drivers side.

First and Last Ford forever
By fordhater224

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Hadn't owned a Ford in years.
Liked the 2010 Fusion v6 SEL AWD.
In past 6 months, replaced throttle body (scary to have no acceleration suddenly in 65 mph traffic). Drivers side seat warmer went, and last week wife was 60 miles away on business and it wouldn't start. Towed to dealer for new battery (??)

Traded in that piece of junk today for a 2013 Accord.
We had owned Honda's for over 15 years and other than normal wear and tear, had 1 oxygen sensor replaced in 4 year old car and muffler and exhaust system in my now 14 yr old civic.

I feel sorry for whomever buys my trade in!

I HATE THIS CAR!
By mhelling1985

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come on here to see if the problems I'm having were just my bad luck. It turns out that I'm not.I bought a Fusion SE 2.5 auto used in 2011 with 10000 miles on it two weeks after I bought it the master cylinder went out. Then two months later the trans went out the control unit and valve body were the problem. A month after that the power steering hose blew. Three weeks after that the ac quit. About a week ago the alternator went out. All this and the car only has 35000 miles on it. trust me this car is a crappy car. I hope my review will keep at least one person for buying this car.

The radio sounds good.