Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

brake problem
By sherbourne18

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake.
March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel
safe in it.

very comfortable

Heat and A/C controls should be easier to access when driving

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Love the Sync system (got lucky with a sales rep who explained it well) - though the system can get a little wonky at times - it freezes when taking voice commands; an ignition reset normally fixes this. Now (thankfully) virtually standard equipment on most cars, I am a complete slave to the blind spot monitors, back-up camera and parking senors!

Even with the V6 putting out 240HP power is not very responsive - theres a 2 second lag which can get you into trouble (especially in LA traffic). The manual shifting is lousy for the same reason and so hardly used. Build quality could use a little more attention - although thats probably how costs are kept low.

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle – do not purchase.
By hmacks

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Updated at 170K. While I would stay away from another Fusion I've limped to 170K after the transmission being reprogrammed at 88K. My Town and country at 340K drives better. Since I paid cash I'm driving it into the ground. It I would have had it reprogrammed earlier maybe it would have stopped the damage I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power.
It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed.
I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

OK car......BEWARE OF THROTTLE BODY
By jdcort95

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong, I like my fusion. Especially as far as the sporty yet conservative look to it. The ride is very smooth and quiet, much more like a luxurious ride than expected!!! Unfortunatley, as MANY have previously mentioned, THE THROTTLE BODY!!! Apparently this year and model have a HUGE problem with this. And it's about $415 to fix..not cheap. And as others have stated its very scary when it goes off and EXTREMELY dangerous...but for some reason ford doesn't want to recall it?!?! The throttle body is the only major repair I've had to do on it so far. The check engine light comes on a lot and the transmission seems very unpredictable.

Sporty look, quiet and smooth ride!!!, love the rims and tai lights on mine!

RECALL THE THROTTLE BODY!!!!!!!, jumpy transmission