Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

So Far So Good.
By vkmaxima

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brother went from his '96 Taurus to a '10 Fusion SE. He decided to buy one after I got my '12 SEL. The cars has 85k and it's been great so far. Occasionally the cap less fuel door has to be cleaned otherwise it triggers an error. The car is still very solid, but does have an odd rattle from the exhaust. No performance problems though. My brother also likes the SYNC system, and finds it easy to use. The car achieves about 18-22 mpg city, and 24-29 mpg hwy. He has a VERY heavy foot, so he doesn't quite get excellent economy, or close to what this car can get. I however get about 22-24 mpg city, and 27-31 mpg hwy. We're both happy we made the right choice with the Ford Fusion.

SYNC, exterior styling, sunroof, build quality, rear park assist (backup-sensors), rear spoiler

Better rear cup holders, better rear visibility

'limp' mode
By fisheye3

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not learn that the engine powering this car is well-documernted for going into limp mode. This means you suddenly have no throttle response, just steering and brakes to get you to the side of the road. Ford dealer replaced the throttle body-3 days later, same problem. The service advisor informed that that nothing more would be done, since they couldn't 'replicate' the condition, despite having found codes (they didn't say what codes). Bottim line-I have to pay off this car and buy another. Hopefully, I won't get screwed again.

Lively performance for what it is-until 'limp' mode strikes.

Don't buy a Ford.

Never buy a Ford
By momstractors

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 Fusion new, pile of junk, 3 door switches replaced along with Chinese lug nuts and emblem that was delaminating.

Rear brake caliper locked up, covered under warranty, it's locked up again but not covered under the 60,000 drive train warranty. I would think that brakes are an important part of the drivetrain.

The brakes are not a new problem, they have plagued Ford on these cars for the last 10 years.

The car rides like a lumber wagon, motor idles rough and trunk seal fell off.

Car has been on the road for 3 1/2 years, 40,000 miles and I guess I can look forward to the throttle body going.

Strange Transmission
By lovenohate

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same.
It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.

I like the Bluetooth feature playing music on my iPhone and also able to hands free talk. The car also has LED lighting on the interior floorboards which looks really nice at night and can change the colors. I like the styling with the rear spoiler and the sunroof. The car can really accelerate fast with the V6 engine. The computer says 25mpg average on the dash.

The transmission needs to be redesigned. The ergonomics of the sound system and AC controls need to be redesigned. I drove a new 2013 and hated the design of the interior. I like the design of my 2010 much, much better. The fog lights need to be redesigned to direct the light better.

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

the luxury look with the sportiness as well.

Fix the fuel fill feature. Its overly sensitive. Plus fix the throttle issues. Issue a recall ASAP.