Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start.
It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options.
On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt.
My driving is 75% highway.
Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership.
The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park.
I hope to get another 100K out her!

For some reason, possibly the car size and weight, it seems to require low maintenance. Still has original front brakes. My first set of tires wore evenly and replaced at 80,000. Second set replaced at 74,000. Just the right size car. Not too small or too big.

Can possibly improve ride quality. It is a bit choppy on rough roads. Perhaps the newer '13's will be an improvement.

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles.
I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

The red color is great. Pretty fuel efficient. Good pick up until it doesn't. I like the Sync system. Good room in the backseat.

Ford should recall the 2010 Ford Fusion.

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

loved the color, racing seats, radio, sun roof, and gas mileage but rest of it :(

Recall all the 2010's and fix all the problems. and payback all the other owners that had to fix theirs whether they own the car or not.

love my fusion
By kitman2

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Fusion used a year ago and only 1 issue happened and that was the power steering failed.
My dealer was very help full in the cost adjustment as I had the car about 3 months at that time. I was told that was the first time they ever saw or heard of that on a FUSION......the throttle body also failed since I had written this report.....NO MORE FORD FUSION FOR ME
I GOT RID OF THIS PROBLEM FILLED CAR........THERE WERE ALSO ASSORTED ELECTRICAL ISSUES NOT REPORTED ON THE ORIGINAL REVIEW
THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED A GREMLIN.......
My only complaint on the interior is the controls for the air/fan/ heat etc are in an non convenient

location as to ease of reach and adjustment while driving.
I notice on the 2013 Fusion that the issue has been addressed properly. This is a very rewarding purchase for me as I have owned many other vehicles in my life and some sure sucked as to quality.
That is usually found out after a person buys it! .
SOLD
THE FUSION......WENT BACK TO A FORD ESCAPE......MUCH BETTER FOR MY DESIRES AND NEEDS
THE ESCAPE I BOUGHT IS MILES AHEAD OF THIS CAR.....I HAVE NOW OWNED THIS 2012 ESCAPE FOR 2 YEAR AND COUNTING.
FORD IS STILL NUMBER ONE MANUFACTURE OF NORTH AMERICAN MADE .

first impression-excellent
By mtsman

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought used with 52k and #1 reason for purchase was SYNC. cold weather and first tank of gas is still averaging 28mpg! woo hoo! 4cylinder seems to have better low end power than up top.
no issues with trans even when cold.
very aerodynamic-gains speed easily down the slightest grade.
seats have great support but headrest pushes my head too far forward.
text function "not supported" for iphone3...hmmm?
back seats have lots of room for tall people.
had to adjust fog lamps way up...no idea how previous drivers actually found them useful.
so far HVAC is good-fan is slightly noisy.
not the refinement of a cadillac or lexus but GREAT value for contents.
gauges easy to read.

SYNC, SYNC, SYNC!, MPG, style is modern, quiet cabin, great interstate cruiser, great for traveling business person who uses the phone alot.

Headrests push head too far forward. USB port is hard to see inside armrest. hard to see trunk button on left side of black dash. engine is a little "tappy" at idle, not refined. sync manual button instructions do not necessarily line up with buttons on steering wheel. wheel well liners do not extend completely to outer edge of body panel. short about 1/4 inch. where upper panel and lower come together. small rocks collect between liner and body panel at this opening. Engine sound is slightly "tappy" and pedestrian rather than refined.