Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 280 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

10,000 Mile Review
By 89lx5o

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have now owned my Fusion a year and a few months and I passed the 10,000 mile mark. Not one reliability issue to talk about. Still solid no rattles or issues. Over 10,000 miles and my meticulous records I have averaged 23.6 mpg and that is mixed driving (MOSTLY city). Quirk 1, I can't find a comfortable place to rest my left arm. The chair is back so far if I go to place my arm on the door arm rest I bump the B pillar. (I'm 6 ft 1"). Quirk 2, sometimes you have to reselect Ipod as the Sync chooses the phone bluetooth over the usb. Overall very comfortable and quiet ride, handles good and has solid feel. Again Ford out did the competition! I would absolutely buy again, A+ Ford!

Sync system! Sony stereo! Quiet ride! SEL's standard leather heated seats. Easy to clean and durable materials (Paint and leather)

More cushion on arm rests, remote key fob with push button start, select shift trans for 4 cylinder model, "eco boost" 4 cylinder!

Awesome
By redneck

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My second Ford car ever. Went to look at a an Edge for the wife and ended up buying a Fusion for me. Love the styling of this car, both inside and out. Stereo is nice and tight and this is a very quiet ride so you can really enjoy the tunes without having to blast them. Would definitely recommend this ride to anyone. Really nice job all around Ford .

Highway drive is nice .

response time on the gear shift is a little slow otherwise not much. Nice machine

Unexpected Find!
By Tim

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I will base my review in comparison to my last vehicle, a fully loaded 2007 Infinity G35X.My Fusion an SEL fully loaded.Some may think this is an unfair comparison but continue to read. Handling, not as good as previous vehicle, especially in corners, but surprisingly good.The Fusion is actually a lot more quiet inside with hardly any road noise. Stereo systems are comparable, both great. Gas mileage, well my Infiniti was great if I got 21 mpg. My fusion, beats what the sticker reports. I average 25+mpg and is getting better as I pass 4,000 miles. I'm 6 ft and have plenty of room and the rear seats hold two child seats comfortably. Interior hands down beats Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. So far great buy

Gas mileage! I average 25+mpg with the 6 cylinder. The LED lighting around the cabin at night time, kids love it. Stereo system is good and clear. Doesn't handle bass as well as Bose but it's a Sony. Tons of room in the truck. Back up camera in rear mirror is a plus with kids around.

Have had 2 recalls but I can live with that since Ford stepped up to the plate to do the recall compared to Toyota's approach. Concerned about handling in snow as the tires are more of a sport tire with a tight tread pattern. The steering needs to be a little tightened, too nimble.

Too many problems for new car
By jrcepek

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have had our Ford Fusion for year and have had it towed twice. First time, engine wouldn't turn over; second time, engine turned, but immediately stalled and couldn't continue. Both covered under warranty, but when you are used to trouble-free Camrys, tough to swallow. Also, dealer sold us new car with repaired tire that eventually went flat and necessitated purchasing a brand new tire. We are awaiting a replacement check.

Design, comfort.

Mechanical--better oversight.

Impressive fuel economy
By TL

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the S with automatic due to dealer promotion. In test drive, it drove better than 2011 Sonata and costs a lot less. Just had 1500 km on it, seems a fuel sipper on the highway. I got 6 L/100 km highway (~40 MPG I believe, I am in Canada so we use metric), about 10-11 local. Driving is very smooth, hardly any engine or wind noise, although the road noise can be noticeable at highway speed. Only time will tell the reliability.

message center displays real time fuel economy, athletic looks, decent interior material. Quiet on local. Great gas mileage.

Ford should offer 5 year/100,000 km basic warranty like competitors do. Controls in the center stack are a bit too low, I have to look down to use them.