Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Awesome
By redneck

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My second Ford car ever. Went to look at a an Edge for the wife and ended up buying a Fusion for me. Love the styling of this car, both inside and out. Stereo is nice and tight and this is a very quiet ride so you can really enjoy the tunes without having to blast them. Would definitely recommend this ride to anyone. Really nice job all around Ford .

Highway drive is nice .

response time on the gear shift is a little slow otherwise not much. Nice machine

Unexpected Find!
By Tim

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I will base my review in comparison to my last vehicle, a fully loaded 2007 Infinity G35X.My Fusion an SEL fully loaded.Some may think this is an unfair comparison but continue to read. Handling, not as good as previous vehicle, especially in corners, but surprisingly good.The Fusion is actually a lot more quiet inside with hardly any road noise. Stereo systems are comparable, both great. Gas mileage, well my Infiniti was great if I got 21 mpg. My fusion, beats what the sticker reports. I average 25+mpg and is getting better as I pass 4,000 miles. I'm 6 ft and have plenty of room and the rear seats hold two child seats comfortably. Interior hands down beats Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. So far great buy

Gas mileage! I average 25+mpg with the 6 cylinder. The LED lighting around the cabin at night time, kids love it. Stereo system is good and clear. Doesn't handle bass as well as Bose but it's a Sony. Tons of room in the truck. Back up camera in rear mirror is a plus with kids around.

Have had 2 recalls but I can live with that since Ford stepped up to the plate to do the recall compared to Toyota's approach. Concerned about handling in snow as the tires are more of a sport tire with a tight tread pattern. The steering needs to be a little tightened, too nimble.

Too many problems for new car
By jrcepek

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have had our Ford Fusion for year and have had it towed twice. First time, engine wouldn't turn over; second time, engine turned, but immediately stalled and couldn't continue. Both covered under warranty, but when you are used to trouble-free Camrys, tough to swallow. Also, dealer sold us new car with repaired tire that eventually went flat and necessitated purchasing a brand new tire. We are awaiting a replacement check.

Design, comfort.

Mechanical--better oversight.

Impressive fuel economy
By TL

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the S with automatic due to dealer promotion. In test drive, it drove better than 2011 Sonata and costs a lot less. Just had 1500 km on it, seems a fuel sipper on the highway. I got 6 L/100 km highway (~40 MPG I believe, I am in Canada so we use metric), about 10-11 local. Driving is very smooth, hardly any engine or wind noise, although the road noise can be noticeable at highway speed. Only time will tell the reliability.

message center displays real time fuel economy, athletic looks, decent interior material. Quiet on local. Great gas mileage.

Ford should offer 5 year/100,000 km basic warranty like competitors do. Controls in the center stack are a bit too low, I have to look down to use them.

Watch out
By Objectivity

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Ford Fusion for 9 months and I now have a recall on the solenoid. Soon after the notice I began to have severe problems with the transmission. I took it in and now the entire transmission has to be replaced. I'm not pleased that a new car has major transmission problems. I bought it based on a review from edmunds so I hope others read my review. Perhaps it's a fluke but now I've had a smokey rental car for a week which I had to ask for rather than have it offered. Now I'm wondering if should have bought a Honda like last time.

The car looks great and I love the synch for my phone. I have the rear parking sensors.

The lights are in an awkward location-- I wish they turned on/off automatically. The AC vent opens whenever it wants to which is bad because outside air irritates my allergies.