Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2017 still the most reliable car I've owned
By jorge

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought 2010 Ford fusion in 2011 with 12K miles. It is now 2016 and vehicleh has 167,262 miles on it running strong no check engine light. Oil changes every 7,000 miles (save $) spark plugs not required to be changed until 90K miles (saved $) break pads not changed until 130K yes! 130,000 miles still had plenty of life to them only changed them because I had bought everything already. Getting 29 avg mpg and 32 on the highway. Not all is perfect 1 tire air pressure sensor went out at 80k chose not to fix it. Valve cover seal replaced at 120k cost me $60 and 45 minutes of my time. 87 octane fuel (cheapest $) my Ford fusion is what I need. I also drained&filled transmission fluid at 100K &150k. A/C still perfectly cold for this Texas heat. I forgot to mention the "check fuel inlet" message common problem fixed it by cleaning area and placing a $15 gasoline locking cap. **UPDATE** fusion now has 178,000 miles on her have taken her on several trips 700 each way without problems or hesitation. I changed the coolant fluid and thermostat at 168,000 (drain and fill, 1st distilled water no thermostat 2nd time actual coolant/antifreeze/thermostat), I once more changed the transmission fluid at 175,000 (drain and fill x2) I had the "limp mode" a red wrench warning light come on at 171,000 miles ( loss of power while driving, pulled over stopped,turn vehicle of, back on, vehicle back to normal and drove it home. I was aware of the recall and new what it was immediately. I called dealerships and scheduled the recall for the throttle body. I was saving the recall mail in the glovebox and took it to dealer to get it fixed ( throttle body replaced ) $0 cost to me :). MPG has gone down to 27 mpg highway combined 25, so I changed spark plugs. I also replace the cabin air filter every 30k miles. At 178K one of the 2 rear license plate light bulbs went out I replaced both. Car has never been garaged and sits outside all day/night in texas heat paint has been fading/clear coat peeling on hood. I still believe this is the best car I have owned and that I got my moneys worth. Engine not smoking, a/c really cold, I've never done an alignment (drives straight) I drive it about 300-400 miles a week. Preventive Maintenance! Preventive Maintenance!

Great car for a great price
By Vincent Nicotra

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for two and a half years now. It is a great. Extremely reliable. It is fast and has great control in the snow and rain because of the all wheel drive. Would buy again 10/10. It looks cool and sleek and I always get compliments.

Would buy again!!
By Ryan Snider

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car 9 months ago and do not regret it at all. It looks very sporty especially the front but is still conservative. Picks up great for a 4-cylinder and gets solid gas mileage. Love the sync system and sunroof. A couple complaints would be rear visibility when backing out, low A/C controls and c'mon plastic hubcaps? I had to buy wheels because they were hideous but other than that love the car

Be prepared for repairs
By Jason Lee

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Ford Fusion 2010 after reading the great reviews from Edmunds. After 5 years, I've already had to deal with 3 repairs (replace engine fan, faulty belt tensioner, driver side door broken). The car has never been in an accident, driven 100% in Northern California where the weather is great (never falls below freezing) and garage kept overnight. I am extremely disappointed that the car has had these issues and it's only been 5 years where as my 10 year old Mazda 3 has still yet to have any repairs.

Mar'17 update - Encountered the throttle body issue that many Fords have dealt with and still no known solution to the airbag recall (after nearly 1 year of discovery). Needless to say, of the ~10 more cars I'll buy in my lifetime, none of the them will be a Ford.

Not enough free time to own this car
By Justin

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Nothing but problems. Axles breaking, stuff leaking, gaskets blowing out, muffler rotted from the inside out, etc.

Overall terrible car. Would NOT recommend.