Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

So Far So Good.
By vkmaxima

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My brother went from his '96 Taurus to a '10 Fusion SE. He decided to buy one after I got my '12 SEL. The cars has 85k and it's been great so far. Occasionally the cap less fuel door has to be cleaned otherwise it triggers an error. The car is still very solid, but does have an odd rattle from the exhaust. No performance problems though. My brother also likes the SYNC system, and finds it easy to use. The car achieves about 18-22 mpg city, and 24-29 mpg hwy. He has a VERY heavy foot, so he doesn't quite get excellent economy, or close to what this car can get. I however get about 22-24 mpg city, and 27-31 mpg hwy. We're both happy we made the right choice with the Ford Fusion.

SYNC, exterior styling, sunroof, build quality, rear park assist (backup-sensors), rear spoiler

Better rear cup holders, better rear visibility

Never buy a Ford
By momstractors

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 2010 Fusion new, pile of junk, 3 door switches replaced along with Chinese lug nuts and emblem that was delaminating.

Rear brake caliper locked up, covered under warranty, it's locked up again but not covered under the 60,000 drive train warranty. I would think that brakes are an important part of the drivetrain.

The brakes are not a new problem, they have plagued Ford on these cars for the last 10 years.

The car rides like a lumber wagon, motor idles rough and trunk seal fell off.

Car has been on the road for 3 1/2 years, 40,000 miles and I guess I can look forward to the throttle body going.

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

the luxury look with the sportiness as well.

Fix the fuel fill feature. Its overly sensitive. Plus fix the throttle issues. Issue a recall ASAP.

brake problem
By sherbourne18

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake.
March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel
safe in it.

very comfortable

Heat and A/C controls should be easier to access when driving

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!