Used 2010 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Ford FusionSE auto
By DoubleG

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have the gray Ford SE Automatic. Good riding car. Fairly quite interior. Drove a Honda, Altima, Hyundai. The Ford won out. City driving about 18 MPG and I mean city driving. Stop signs on almost every corner, red lights, heavy traffic etc. The few times I had it on the highway I got anywhere from 33 mpg to 35 mpg. Only minor complaint is the controls are to low on the dash and the elevated rear shelf in the back makes it a little harder to back into a parking space. I will add a rear spoiler to solve that problem. Overall a very good car.

Transmission
By disappointed

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Transmission slips or clunks into gear. Recall did not fix problem. There are pages of Fusion owners on internet with same problem. My car is at dealers for the third time (counting recall) for this dangerous problem.

Looks, mileage per gallon

Replace faulty transmissions, do not use band aid solutions

Way to go!
By T

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Gm retiree here who traded 2003 de ville. This fusion is a one hell of a car. Fit and finish is excellent, paint is excellent, features and engine excellent. I immediately took this car on a one thousand mile run after purchasing it. Gotta say I had a ball in it. Plenty of power. Transmission shifts with ease. Low road noise and handling like a pro. Straight and tight all the way. Thumbs up Ford.

Stereo has brilliant sound. Steering and handling exciting and responsive. Brakes with ease.

Seat back 2 inches wider and cushion 2 inches deeper would be great. Lock on glove box, retractable driver seat belt, longer console lid for easier opening.

Ford hit it out of the park
By Mike

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been an account manager for 35 years and this Fusion SEL is my 25th company car and it's the best I've ever had...so much so that I plan to buy it when the lease is up. I got 31 MPG at 75 MPH on the interstate. The SYNC. leather heated seats, heated side views are wonderful. My only problem was a rattle in the back that ended up being a faulty set of trunk hinges. I really love this car and I'm very pleased that it's American

MPG, Interior and exterior design, heated side views (I live in Upstate NY) leather

The Climate controls are a bit to low a

Rockin' Car!
By Erik

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great and amazing car! I pretty much drive for a living (I drive close to 80K miles every year). When I bought this car it was down to the Acura TL and this Fusion Sport and the bang for the buck was in the end unbeatable. I was really worried if the car would have the fun to drive factor in the twisties and retain the comfort over long hauls. I've made both of those trips dozens of times so far (Longest trip was 2500 miles in 9 days) and this car is brilliant. No regrets about not buying the acura I have nearly 45k trouble free miles! Will buy another one for sure.

SYNC! Power, suspension, comfort, Stereo looks.

Honestly not much, but if I had to choose. I would put stronger brakes on the car, and add a manual transmission for those of us who love to drive.