Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2009 V6 SE
By Snoman

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a daily driver to work and back. After 4000 miles it has become a great car to own. This car replaced my 1998 Taurus. With a V6 I average 29-30 miles to the gallon, if using 10% ethanol blended gas then 26-27. 0% for 72 and invoice pricing made it a great deal.

Price, comfort, and ride quality.

Headrest stink!!! Sync has some shortcomings also.

GREAT BUY!!!!!
By JM

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado in the past and MY 2009 Ford Fusion is a more smooth and fun to drive car! I recommend a Ford Fusion to any and everyone!!!!

sync, moonroof, cargo space, comfort and handleing.......etc I LOVE this car!!

none that I can think of!

Nice Car/Sporty
By NIU2006

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the '09 Fusion back in May and got the 0% financing and I'm extremely happy with this car. It has a smooth drive and for the price, gives me options that Honda, Toyota, and Nissan couldn't match. V6 has great pick up, especially for getting on the highway. The sync is great too that hooks up to my cell phone. Clarity on the other end of the phone is really good too, no complaints from who I'm talking to. Not to mention this car turns heads and people from my office are shocked that it is a Ford. Overall I'm extremely happy and no problems so far with with 2,500 miles on it. The only negative would be city MPG's (18), but that goes with the V6. I highly recommend the Fusion.

I really like the sync, V6, smooth/quiet ride, and it handles well

City gas mileage is a little low (17- 18), but on the highway I get about 27/28.

way to go ford
By Phil

2009 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

my fusion has 2000 miles now and im loving the gas milage.26mpg town 35hwy.The ride is smooth and quiet.Could use a little more power on take off but cant complain with milage like that.Sound system is great!!This car is a great car to put on the highway and just set the cruise control and relax.The only real complaint I have is that it is hard to see out of the back through the rear view mirror cause it sits so high.The third brake light seems to be right in the way of looking back.

sound system,gas mileage,

Great deal for the money
By triple john

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 09 4 cyl Fusion for 18K...I know the 4 cyl is not the fastest, but not bad for a four...especially with the 5 speed automatic. I just drove drove 500 miles home and averaged 32 mpg @ 70 mph, This engine not even broken in yet, so mileage should improve a bit. The car is very quite on the highway and quite comfortable. My last car was a Cadillac, so I appreciate quality. This car was loaded with the sun & sync package, black leaather interior with blue suede inserts, ambient lighting, travel computer with compass sport package with 18" rims, cruise, 8 speaker premium sound system with 6 cd changer, satelite radio with steering wheel controls, power seats, rear spoiler.

Sun & Sync package, sport package, 8 speaker premium stereo with speed actviated volume.

More HP from the 4 cyl engine