Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Ford has it right.
By Robert

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a company car. the mpg is 28-29 combined. I can get 33 or 34mpg on a good day on the hwy. The little 4 cyl is peppy enuff for passing on two lane hwy's. Very solid car. The seats are very good for long trips. I have put 35,000 miles on it and have just had oil changes and tires rotated. Big enuff for 4 people to sit in total comfort.

Good trunk space. Sirius radio

Head rest keeps coming up from bottom position.

New Vehicle
By kaysam

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I find that the 2009 fusion is a great car in the summer. I have a long drive to work and only have to put gas in my car once a week. With my other car I was putting gas in twice a week. It saves me money. But if you have winter driving the gas mileage is not so good and it does not handle very well in the snow. I like the car but would like to see it handle better in the winter.

The look of the car

Handle better in the winter.

fun car
By JMS61

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my Fusion and I absolutely love it. I had a Jeep and it's great to have a little luxury again. Comfortable car except for the head rest. Was almost a deal breaker but found a way to tilt seat back so it is comfortable now. My young adult child also loved driving it.

Sun roof, sync is fun, trunk is great size.

head rest could be better.

Ford Fusion = A great car!
By Wes

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Ford Fusion in May of 2009 and so far no problems. I think the car needs a little more horsepower, but I got the 4 cylinder for better fuel economy. It's a really nice looking car and the seats are comfortable. The Sun and SYNC package is great, and I love the Bluetooth hands free phone system, though I've often had to reboot my phone to make it work, but when it works its great. Its not the fastest car, but it is comfortable. I'm 6'4" and I fit comfortably in the backseat with the front seat pushed all the way back.

Sunroof/moonroof, SYNC, Bluetooth, 6-disc CD Changer, 60/40 split folding seats, fun to drive. I like the front end better in the 09 than the 2010, but I like the 2010's tail lights better.

More horsepower in the I-4, fix fit and finish issues (gap in the panel under the steering wheel), put a gas lift for the hood instead of the the old fashioned stick.

Surprisingly Nice Car
By undrgnd40

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a disappointing 2005 F-150 for this nimble and comfortable sedan. Fits three child seats in the rear and still has a respectable trunk. I like the handling with the 18" wheels and tires. Car goes through snow fairly well. Interior is nice, I like simple controls. I even think the "boring" radio is nice. This car is more of a good value than the Accord and Corolla I had previously. On many occasions I have gotten over 30 mpg, even though it is rated at 29. My only real complaint is the lack of power. Acceleration is sluggish and noisy. Aside from that, this is a solid car and I hope Ford keeps improving it because I would like to buy another one in the future.

Good standard features, solid transmission, excellent handling and brakes, comfortable seats, nice trunk

smoother and more powerful engine