Used 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

By Warren

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car except for the uncomfortable seats and headrest. I also have a Taurus and Ford Freestyle and have never had a problem with seat comfort before this. The head rest (for my height at least) creates an uncomfortable angle, have turned the headrest around but this defeats the purpose of having it. Tough on the back after about an hour of driving, great for short trips. Mileage in the city o.k. at around 22.

Nice handling and fun to drive.

The seat and head rest need to have another option.

Great car
By Jeff in Dallas

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a foreign sports sedan, and had a bit of trepidation because of that. However, the car has great pickup, handles well, and is extremely comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised about the amount of room inside - it is much bigger than it looks. The "SEL" series has enough luxury touches to make this seem like a much more expensive car. The only negative is that gas mileage (with the 6 cylinder engine) is not great - I average about 17 city, 21 mixed, 24 highway (although I've been told I have a lead foot)

Quietness, pickup, and handling are all good.

My car doesn't have a passenger side power seat. I don't think that was an option on the 2009. I would prefer to have that.

great price, great car!
By veruca

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion has been a great car for the last year. I researched several cars in the same class and concluded that for the money, I was getting the most options for less money. It really does have all the bells and whistles that a luxury car should have. It looks very sporty and drives fantastic. It's spacious feeling without feeling too big for most parking spots. A little disappointed with the poor gas mileage for the V6, but the power upgrade is worth it.

I love the auto lights. I am always worried I leave my lights on after I park and with this option, I don't even have to think about it! I also really like the security lights that turn on when you unlock the car. And the best is the keyless touch pad! I heart that!

better gas mileage for the v6. I have had Ford Remote Start added and there is a not a way to leave the heat/ac on for the next keyless start since the temp control is digital.

HAPPY FORD OWNER
By CALLEN

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Fusion exactly one year. I love the car and have not found one thing that I don't like about it. I t has the available Sport package, with 18" wheels and a unique spoiler which really adds class to it. Makes it look somewhat like a Lincoln. Has only been to the shop for oil changes.Am very happy that i purchased the car.

the sync system. Steering wheel controls for audio and sync moonroof great looks

none at this time

Ford has it right.
By Robert

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a company car. the mpg is 28-29 combined. I can get 33 or 34mpg on a good day on the hwy. The little 4 cyl is peppy enuff for passing on two lane hwy's. Very solid car. The seats are very good for long trips. I have put 35,000 miles on it and have just had oil changes and tires rotated. Big enuff for 4 people to sit in total comfort.

Good trunk space. Sirius radio

Head rest keeps coming up from bottom position.