Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Decent Car
By Vic

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car at 68K now it has 90k and I’ve had to replace both tie rods, valve gasket cover, ECM, solenoid actuator. Gas mileage all of a sudden dropped. Engine check light comes on repeatedly for electrical issues due to faulty ECM. The ride is smooth, the tire size is great and with right brand and type you will do fine in wet conditions and snow. Seems like it can’t get out of its own way with the 4 cylinder model. Do consistent oil changes and brakes etc and that was it for a while. But recently the car is just going down the drain and I’m trading it in before a bunch of work is needed that I was hoping not to deal with for this car looking at the reviews 2 years ago. It’s a Ford so what you buy is what you get. They’ve had one recall after another, scared with the airbag for my family and do you really trust it when it’s replaced? A car that will last awhile if you don’t mind shelling out money for electrical maintenance.

Bought my 2009 Ford fusion se 1 month ago
By Nicole w

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle exactly a month ago the only 2 issues actually 3 issues I've had in the 1 month I've owned it is I needed a new valve cover gasket there was a spark plug that was stuck so that cost me 140 bucks for valve cover gasket and to get the plug out then the transmission went online after a month of owning it which cost me 2400 dollars for a rebuilt transmission but other than that I LOVE they way this car rides it's so smooth and I love the sound system I would like to upgrade to a newer fusion like a 2011 or 12

MASS AIRBAG DEFECT RECALL!!!
By Never Again

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

CHECK THE RECALL NOTICES!!! Had my vehicle for only 6 months & got a recall notice, now I can't even GIVE it away & re-coop some of my wasted money. It's free to replace the part, BUT parts are at least a year on back order. DO YOUR RESEARCH!! People have died & it seems you actually have to die or be maimed before you can take any legal actions. Don't bother trying to trade it in if it's being finance, they offered me $5k UNDER the pay-off amount because it has a defect. Well, DUH............how'd that happen??? I was a loyal Ford customer for 20 yrs, while being employed by GM!!! They will never get another penny. Too bad they don't have 1/2 *

Fusions; Risky Business!
By Kimberly Rice

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had mine for 2 months and HATE IT! I've had nothing but problems. Terrible on gas! A certain chip wasn't updated properly on my transmission, since Ford decided to make it a "CAP" (customer appreciation program) instead of a Recall, which causes my vehicle to hesitate and lose acceleration while driving, almost to the point where it feels like it will die. Do your homework before purchasing! These are a safety hazard! Faulty airbags causing death, Ford not taking responsibility for recalls and maintaining all of proper safety issues and millions of customer complaints. I am beyond disgusted. Steer clear of this mess!

Ford Fusion
By J

2009 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my ford I've had it for almost two years I have a slight knock in motor but it has never doubted me easy to fix someone smashed my window and it took about a half an hour to reinstall oil changes piece of cake overall great car hasn't let me down yet only weird part is my back seat let down button is in the trunk