Used 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Excellent Car
By Mikey

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for just over a month. Love the feel, drive, Sync, well everything about the car. My parents own a Buick and they like the ride of my Fusion better.

Everything

Love My Fusion
By rick88240

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way the car handles. It is stylish and sporty looking. I have the light sage Fusion and it is a beautiful car. The car gets 21 mpg in town and on the highway I set the cruise at 60 and get just a little over 36 mpg. The trunk is large which is good for long extended trips. The interior is well designed and the seating is comfortable. The price was fantastic for such an amazing car

Large trunk, six CD player, sync, USB port, the three auxillary ports. I also like the rear fold down seats.

The USB port could be in a different location rather then inside the console. There needs to be more interior color choices. Chrome exhaust tips would be nice also.

Sync B Gone
By 2008 Ford Fusion

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Ford Fusion. I loved my 06 Fusion so much, then Ford came out with the Vapor Silver Color. I fell in love. I swore I'd never go back to a domestic car, but the Fusion has been the most well built car I've owned. Excellent handling, cornering, not bad on gas, killer looks with the upgraded pkg. Lots of compliments. Would recommend to 1st time and all other buyers.

The handling, cornering, seat comfort, leg room. The products used for the interior look very nice and well built. Not a cheap looking interior like you find in lots of other cars nowadays.

The SYNC system is horrible. This system doesn't recognize voice commands as well as it should. The mic is on top of mirror which is a horrible placement. Had lots of problems while trying to drive and answer the phone, then switch back to radio, plus dialing phone numbers. Bad system from MS.

Great Car
By Dave

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving a 2006 Mustang GT for nearly 3 years, primarily using it for commuting only. As fun as the Mustang is, the mpg was a killer in so I needed to find something fun to drive that got much better mileage. The Fusion seemed like a good alternative and after driving it, I was convinced. Although I have essentially half the horsepower of the Mustang, this car makes up for it in handling, the way it drives and substantially better gas mileage. I would recommend the Fusion to anyone that is considering an Accord, Camry or Altima. It looks better than the others and the build quality is as good or better.

SYNC, moon roof and gas mileage

A more powerful 4cyl engine would be nice, perhaps a turbo?

Impressive given it's import competition
By John Cain

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I came off of a 2005 F150 Supercrew lease and had been looking at several vehicles. They included the Camry, Accord and Sonata. I also looked at the new Taurus. All fine cars. The Taurus is just huge when compared to the rest. I found the Fusion to be well priced given it's features and reviews. It's quiet, well mannered, and generally a pleasure to drive. The gas mileage is better than rated but then again compared to an F150 almost anything car-like is. The old adage of "have you driven a Ford lately" really drives home the feeling I get with the Fusion. Try one, you just might like it.

Quiet cabin, Sync, mileage, and handling.

Perhaps a bit more power from the 4cyl. I think it's coming in 2010 models.