Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great, Fun Car for the Price
By damjp

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my car used with 50,000 miles on it, and have been extremely pleased. It was a former rental car so I knew it may have a few kinks, but the only issues with it are a few dings in the paint and the door creaks after blowing fully open in a wind storm. It rides excellent for mid- size car, and is very fun to drive. The V6 has great acceleration at speed to pass. Gas mileage has also been very good with > 28 highway and my normal country/highway mileage of 25 mpg. The seat comfort is good and I am very comfortable at 6'3". I get a little uncomfortable with the car seats in the back. Large trunk space lends to a good car for longer trips with kids. Very satisfied.

Performance, comfort, and interior exterior design

provide more space between front and back seats

Switched from an accord
By Pete

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2006 Accord for this because I needed an automatic transmission (Accord was manual). Enjoying it a lot so far - very comparable to an Accord in feel and handling, quieter road noise, comfortable interior. Highway MPG is great - I was just getting 35 MPG (according to the dashboard) while driving this morning. City MPG is ok, but not great. I haven't tried out the Sync yet, but hopefully it works well. Interior seems a bit roomier than the Accord. I also noticed the poor rear visibility, but it hasn't bothered me too much yet, as I'm comfortable using all my mirrors.

Good gas mileage, decent handling, comfortable seats, quiet on the road, fold down rear seats and passenger seat (great for moving large items)

A bit better acceleration off the line, better rear visibility, more interior storage compartments

Never a worry
By ANTHONY WALKER

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Much better than a Chevy or a Foreign car. Dealer could not have been more helpful. I bought this for my wife to use on the highway for work and the fuel economy and performance are world- class.

Fuel economy, SYNC, pretty much everything

No improvements needed

A nice surprise
By Kyle

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Fusion pre-owned 6 months ago, due to being in an accident with my old car. I bought a Suede White SE model with the four cylinder, the Sun and Sound package, and the back-up sensors. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 21k on it, and have since put on 15k problem free miles. My only complaint about the car is the trunk line comes very high and makes it difficult to see out the back window (back-up sensors help!!).

Audiophile sound, exterior styling, interior space, back-up sensors, and how the headlights turn on when you unlock with the fob!

Improve back window, make the 4 cyl a little less sluggish

Wxcellent Ford Fusion
By Haydee

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The wisest decision in buying cars is getting Ford Fusion excellent design comparable to Cadillac in the aspect of exterior design and the interior I am very happy having the sync program this is the best car ever for me 6 cd changer heated side mirror and that is excellent also, further it rides good smooth driving in the road good gas mileage maintain city drive to 30 mph and on the expressway from 31 to 34 mph don't know about other people but this magnificent fusion of mine is a gas saver, very roomy cargo space in the trunk and roomy in the back as well I am very proud of my Ford Fusion I always get compliment with my vehicle

sync, heated side mirrors great exterior design, seats are great very comfortable

improvise blindsided on the driver side