Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Born to Be free
By ybbaw

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a used Ford Fusion SEL. my first impression is that the quality of the ride is good. Heated seats are nice and duel control air works well. I'm sure as we put a few miles on it and situations change I'll have more to say about the car. But, for now it's a nice ride for the money.

Not what I expected
By pnoyes

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fusion new, while trading in my '05 F150 for it to obtain better fuel economy.
The biggest thing i can't stand about the car is winter driving.
The traction isn't as good as any other front wheel drive cars i've drove, and the windshield wipers rest below where the defrost blows on the windshield (causing them to freeze over when not in action).
The 2.3L engine is very underpowered, and doesn't really get the gas mileage that it suppose to.
The last problem I have with this car is that the whole "best resale value" is a lie. I can't get out of the fusion into a truck again, even after paying on it for 3 years.
All that aside, I have racked up 48k with no major problems.

I do have to say that I love the Sync and bluetooth. The cornering is the top of my list for a car that I didn't expect to handle like it does. For a smaller car it also has great leg room, and the seats are very comfortable (good for the long trips).

The 2.3L needs more power or gas mileage, pick one. I think that the wipers also need to be relocated. The sound system could really use an upgrade.

Driving it for 3 yrs, all is well
By Bill

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I leased the car in Dec07. I am now purchasing the car to buy. The only problem has been a drivers interior door handle that broke. (dealer had it in stock and fixed in a hour). The car has great acceleration, good brakes, and handles quite well. 20k and no other problems. I drive mostly city and the mileage could be better, but it does well on the highway w/ 6 spd auto.

The trunk space is amazing! I have put full size doors in the trunk w/back seats down. coach baseball can fit tons of equipment in the trunk. Audiophile 6 cd Stereo sounds great! comfortable ride, a pleasure to drive.

Any suggestions have pretty much been addressed in the 2010 models. If you are looking at the sport appearance model w/18" wheels, the stock tires are poor in the snow.

A College Student's Saving Grace
By Ben

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student, I need something reliable and economic to get me from home to school. A 158K 1999 Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I received the family Fusion after it was replaced by a 2010 Mustang V6. One word really sums up the Fusion: UNEXPECTED. Perhaps it was the change from an SUV to a sedan, but I have been duly impressed. You wouldn't think a 160 HP FWD sedan would really pack a punch, but the Fusion can go in a hurry if you wanted it to. This car has been so much fun to drive, I've been having a hard time maxing out the mileage, which has been as high as 31 HWY/MPG. The 56,000 miles without any repairs has also minimized expenditures, making this Fusion a big win for me.

Black leather seats with red inserts, 18" alloy wheels (this is all with the sports appearance package). Great factory sound system. Throttle response, crisp shifter (5-speed manual), quick pedals. Above all, a fun car to drive!

While the seats are comfortable and stylish, the rest of the interior is covered with PLASTIC! It all LOOKS nice, but after driving for a while, you will hear the plastic pieces rubbing against each other. Very annoying. But, that's what music's for, right?

My ride
By Jonny

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros- This car looks great and handles very well. With a 6 speed auto trans its not too bad on gas with a 3.0 in city i get about 22 mpg. Cons- Replaced Wheel bearing $300 bill at 38,000 miles and battery with two years of manuf. date, not too bad but they came at the worse time when money was very tight. Because money is tight i am selling my car but i hopes of one day owning another fusion this has been a fun, fast, sexy looking car from the start letting go is going to be one of the hardest things i do IF i can do it. I would highly suggest this car if you're looking for something all round these are here to stay. (did hurt my back at first tho) and the inside feels cheap

clock lights up, smooth ride, informative dash, cheap repair, will last, fast

i would stay strong wheel bearings but i did hit a pothole very hard, but better battery $110 expense on a car not even 2 years old