Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

ok
By cpletan

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

fix temp sensor and low tire light needs better sign.

Economical and Reliable
By dw1234511

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my 2008 fusion for about 2 years, purchased in Sept. 2010 from the dealer at 38k miles.
It now has about 60k miles on it.
I judge a vehicle based on number of maintenance issues.
I have had 0 issues during my time of ownership, therefore the car has met my expectations.
It's a very nice sedan and gets about 31 mpg on the highway.
I would recommend the Fusion to a prospective buyer.

Not what I expected
By dmw82

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car come out in 2006, it stole my heart! Traded in my 2007 ford focus for a 2008 fusion. The first three years of having the car was great. By the fourth year things started going on the car. The leather was ripping and noticed harsh shiffting. Come to find out there is a problem with the valve body which is inside the transmission. Then my ac went in the car. Had to replace the air temperature sensor,
evaporator core, and heater core. In Florida you can't be without ac. Total cost was $1600.00. Now looking for a diffferent car and it won't be a ford. Thats why they nicknamed Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Automatic lights, aux plug, controls are all reach for driver, big trunk.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!
By bmerrr06

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got this car new in 2008.
Ford was so confident in the car's performance they gave us a 5 year or 100,000 mile warranty on it!
My wife put over 20k miles on it a year and it never had a problem except
battery went out at 80k miles.
The car is awesome on gas 30 mpg highway and like 27 city.
Even with 89,000 miles we got 8k for trade in.
I am not typically a big fan of American sedans but this car was roomy, reliable, inexpensive, maneuvered well, and out-performed my expectations!
I would def buy another someday :)

Gas mileage and reliability

Darker interior, we were not happy with a tan interior and many of their colors have the tan interior....

Nice surprise from US brand auto
By bruceocala

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in May. I thought I'd buy Camry again, but got this Fusion w/automatic trans. It was cheaper than Camry and frankly fit me - a big guy - like a glove. So far, smart move.

It has some dumb little design annoyances, but the conveniences outweigh them.

It's as economical and reliable as a Camry, offering more space in leg room, overhead, front area storage, back seat seating, and a huge trunk.

The handling on turns is like a race car, yet the turning radius getting into a parking space is poor; always an extra maneuver for a tight spot.

Even this no frills model has AUX plug inside console box for iPod. It has all the features I wanted. Great AC for me in FL. Like I said above, cornering is just awesome, better than son's Scion tC. Lots of varied and generous storage. I get 25-27mpg in mixed city-highway driving. Once at 5th gear, it sails along with very low RPMs. Highway runs about 30+mpg - great car if you do mostly highway driving. Solid and consistent with no mechanical issues in my 12k miles; now car has almost 50k. At 6'5" 250lbs 55yo, I'm very comfy. I really like this car.

Yes, 4 cyl is underpowered, especially compared to Camry, but I've adapted. I'm sure 6cyl is better but don't make it a requirement. You'll do fine with 4cyl. Yes, it's a bit loud; engine noise and at high speeds. Not that it's a real problem, but you will wish you could get a bit more volume from the stereo sometimes. Yes, it's got a weird left handedness and other quirky designs. I'm used to headlights and wiper control on the column sticks. Not here; only one column stick w/wipers only, plus push forward hi-beams. Headlight dial is on lower left dash. I'm always turning on wipers when I want lights. The complaints are minor. Ford Fusion is aces on the major items.