Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Love The Ford Fusion
By SabrinaA

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford I've ever owned. I got the V-6 SEL. I looked at many imports, and none of them compared to this car. It drives like a dream. I feel very safe in it. It has front, side, and curtain airbags. I get 21.6 mpg out in the country. I'm sure it will get more on the expressway. I love the pick up and go it has. It can really zip through the city. My teens love it, especially the stereo system. It's a great family car. Thanks Ford for a great car!!!!!

Leather Seats Heated front seats Trunk space with folding rear seats Stereo System rocks Sunroof Color (sage green) V-6 has nice pick up and go.

Has a bit of cabin noise.

Surprisingly Happy!
By Very Pleased

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 4-cylinder Fusion in February, 2008 - owned it 1 year and 4 months. Coming from an 8-cylinder Explorer, I am surprised at how pleased I am with a 4-cylinder. Although it does rev up pretty high to get up any speed, it does get up there quickly, and I have no problems keeping up with anyone on the highway. I have not had the first problem with this car. On a trip to FL, got 31 mpg. Can't beat that!

Size, sun roof, 6-changer CD player. Nice extras for the cost, as compared to other sedans we looked at.

None.

Hope she's not totaled!
By Christine

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '08 Fusion in October of last year and I love it more and more every day. It's an amazing car! I opted for the Sport Appearance Package with the 18" wheels and upgraded suspension. It is such a classy looking car, I have people asking me all the time, "What kind of car is that?" or my favorite, "That's a Ford???" It handles beautifully, much better than my last two Focuses. Unfortunately, I was broadsided in it this weekend by a driver going at least 40-45 mph. My Fusion kept myself and my passenger from being seriously injured. 10 for Safety! I'm hoping my insurance company decides she's a keeper and they opt to repair her! If not, I will definitely pick up an '09 Fusion!

Sync, Power everything, stereo, wheels, red stitching, leather seats, I love everything on this car!

Difficult to see out back window when reversing.

Buy Ford
By Ike

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car over one year and have not had any problems. Driving in the 60-65 mile an hour range on the highway I am getting 30 miles a gallon on the V-6. I will never own any car again except a fusion. Thanks Ford, If you are shopping for a new car, buy American and drive one for a test drive and you will love it.

Love it just the way it is.

None

Growing on ME!
By It's growing on me

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just financed a 08 Ford Fusion S. So far so good. I like my car, it's very roomy and comfortable. I did not do my research like I should've but after reading reviews on camry,accord, and malibu. I think that my car far exceeds the camry and honda in quality. I will probably trade in a year for a malibu because their reviews are great compared to a midsized car. I have had mines for about a month now, and I am overall pleased. There are a few things that need to be improved on but overall Fusion is a great ride, very smooth and if you don't have a need for speed a good driving vehicle. I do have a problem with acceleration, seems like I'm killing the engine to get it to go. Wish I had a V6.

I have the basis package so coming from a 99 Ford Escort I like the automatic windows, cd player, and stereo system.

Have to get used to the sluggish engine, but from reading reviews, about expected for a 4 cylinder engine. Just a big adjustment for me. Little bit cabin noise, and bad radio reception at time. The rearview is kinda crappy, can't really see over high back, Needs more power and insulation for cabin.