Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Excellent Value
By nondriver

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The thing about this car is value. I compared dozens of similar cars, but for the price, none will give you the features (SYNC, stereo, trim, engine), quality and ride this will. For comparo by price/size it was 2006 Altima (0felt cheap, no options); 2007 Chevy Malibu (just junk); 2006 Charger (nothing special in the SE); 2006 Camry); 2005 Accord and 2005 Passat. None of the above came close to the 2008 V6 SEL Sport Package I picked up for within a few grand of those and so far, I am very happy. Give American cars a chance to surprise you -- I actually got this as a former rental from Hertz in great shape and drove it for 2 weeks before I bought it-- free. Fr what it is its a great ride.

SYNC, stereo, v6 which isn't as huge as others but does thejob; fold down front seat, overall styling.

I miss the sunroof, which to me shouldbe standard on the top-of-the- line trim. Some interior materials are a bit 1980s. GAS MILEAGE IS WEAK!

luv my Fusion
By b

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

great car, I4 with manual trans is tons of fun. Fuel economy is great ~34 mpg hwy. Very quick. I was looking at a used 07 A4 for 26000 and found this new 08 Fusion for 14 and change. What a value. Ford is back.

I4 with manual is fantastic- Ford please don't get rid of the manual

addition of a compass and outdoor temperature on the SE model

Great Car
By fordsman00

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I would recommend the V6 fusion to anyone looking for great gas millage and performance. I went on trip from Southeastern Arizona to Provo Utah and back! Traveled through desert and mountains for a total of 1841 miles! I averaged 28.8 MPG. This included 196 miles of city driving. All Mileage Hand calculated We love are Fusion. I would consider myself an aggressive driver and think more moderate driving could achieve better results. We have 14,000 miles and many to come. We have had no issues so far and love to drive it. The only thing that could use some improvement would be road noise from rear of vehical. Well put together car and can feel the quality when driving. Rate it 9 out of 10

Satellite Radio, Sporty feel and, power verses fuel economy.

Remove road noise.

Very Impressed, Stout well built vehicle
By Ryan R. Z

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First of all im a former Japanese car buyer. Owned many camrys and accords.. My Fusion has 46,500 miles and it has been very solid. I am in town alot along with some highway.. I can get about 19- 22 depending on how i drive it in town and on the highway close to 29. These numbers are with the ac blowing hard. I accelerate very aggressively also. My accord had tranny issues back in 02, my camry was falling apart with 95k in 05 so hopefully this will be a good ownership experience.

Leather Interior, very good quality interior along with great sound system, bulletproof 3.0 V6 and ultra strong AISAN 6-speed automatic transmission. High quality paint, very well built overall and extremely fun to drive. It accelerates faster than my 88 5.0 mustang. Great Job Ford!!!

Any improvements have been taken care with the 2010 design. Japanese car makers.. watch out. Customers are realizing its not 1985 anymore!

Love The Ford Fusion
By SabrinaA

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Ford I've ever owned. I got the V-6 SEL. I looked at many imports, and none of them compared to this car. It drives like a dream. I feel very safe in it. It has front, side, and curtain airbags. I get 21.6 mpg out in the country. I'm sure it will get more on the expressway. I love the pick up and go it has. It can really zip through the city. My teens love it, especially the stereo system. It's a great family car. Thanks Ford for a great car!!!!!

Leather Seats Heated front seats Trunk space with folding rear seats Stereo System rocks Sunroof Color (sage green) V-6 has nice pick up and go.

Has a bit of cabin noise.