Used 2007 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car!
By ajakins

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Ford Fusion about 1 1/2 ago with 32K miles on it. She has been a great car! The only thing I have done is regular maintenance and put a new battery in when the other one died(I live in FL. it died int he heat of the summer) It now has 60K miles on it, and is a comfortable, quite ride. I hope to keep this car a long time and I will post when she has over 100K on her. So far so great! The new fusion's are awesome looking and when it is time to look at a newer car I will definitely check it out! I would buy this car again! :0)

Ride, comfort, sound system, overall looks.

cannot really think of any.

Great Safety Package but
By goincrazee

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love the 2007 Ford Fusion when I bought it. It had great safety features such as, side air bags, safety roll bar feature, and front passenger air bag that would turn off by weight limit. I rode smooth until about six months ago. This three year old car is having transmission problems that seems to start with a solenoid and eventually if not detected damages the transmission. Which is where I am currently with this car. Outside the transmission problem it's a great car, gets great gas mileage. It now sits in the drive way waiting for an affordable quote to so I can fix it. :(

Side air bags, automatic detect weight for front passenger air bag, roll bar feature, digital radio

Replace transmission or solenoids so the problems don't reoccur. Add power seat control to passenger seat, add low tire pressure and low oil feature to computerized trip-ometer/mileage counter.

Disapointment
By Bob

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Initially I was very impressed with this car and loved the performance. I put better tires on it and it sticks to the road like glue.

AWD, V6 and Sirius radio

I have gone through 3 batteries and now the Ford dealership will not warranty them anymore. Obviously the "Ford" battery is sub-par and they know it. Also the drivers side heated seat has a short and will fry your backside and trip the breaker. Again, not covered.

I did love the car until
By LynneD

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in September of 2007. Loved it from the moment I got it until it reached around 34,000 miles. First it broke down on the side of the road, was without my car for 5 days and got a rental. That cost me $240 and Ford reimbursed me $60. The problem was a coil and it also needed a computer which they had to order. Then last month I had a transmission problem and it had to be rebuilt. I was without my car for 3 weeks, but they did give me a loaner. 2 weeks later I again broke down on the side of the road, that was last Wednesday. Today is now Monday still no car and another coil and computer and awaiting parts. This time I have no loaner and no rental due to cost.

I love everything about its features, just wish it was more reliable as I was hoping to keep this vehicle for years

Loving it!
By Austin

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

To be honest I never thought I would have purchased a ford in my life. I just got this car almost 7 months ago and after driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse for the last 4 years i was very surprised on how much I love this car. Not only does it drive better than Cadillac cts (less boat like), which I test drove before getting this, but you really get your moneys worth. Although I do miss having the speed and cutting the corners that my coupe offered, this car really handles very nice and looks sharp. I will never go back to Mitsubishi now and really feel that ford is making quite a comeback. I've had no trouble at all. It is built strong and see it lasting quite a long time.

I really like the size and the fact that it still has some zip to it. I think the space is perfect and OMG the trunk is massive, I can pick stuff up from the lumberyard and put the seats down and it fits great. Don't believe the bad reviews obviously the people disappointed went to a crappy dealer.

The only thing I might change would be a little bit more chrome accents in the interior, the newer malibus kind of have a little nicer chromed out design. Other than that I'm very pleased. I would very much recommend this to anyone looking for a great car for there money.