Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great car for your money
By tarren602

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Fusion new with 35 miles on it in October of 06. At first I didn't think if I would really like the car or not. After a few days I fell in love with it. This is a very roomy and reliable car. I now have over 85K miles on it and it has seen 3 states. I live in AZ so the summer months really put a car through hell. This is because of the extreme heat and weather. I have changed the tires once and still have the original brake pads. The only issue I had was the battery exploding when I tried to start the car to leave for work. My wiring harness and radio needed replacing. Ford paid to have the car towed and repaired for no cost and I was given a Mustang for the time being.

Reliable, Roomy interior, nice smooth transmission, good gas mileage, very well built (mine was in a hard front end hit and had no frame or apron damage), and it has a huge trunk.

The only thing I wished they did; was give the cup holders more thought. It is hard to put 2 large drinks in them at the same time because if space. Also if I have a medium or larger cup in the first holder the shifter will hit the cup every time I shift into 3 gear.

PCM Failure
By 99lightning

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an electrical engineer with a very well known company that designs electrical hardware (controllers, sensors/switches, etc). That said, all of our major parts are expected to last the life of the vehicle without failure under normal conditions. Ford electrical engineering dropped the ball when it came to the PCM controller. I have 94k miles on the car and the controller failed for no reason other than to just crap out. Control modules shouldn't fail for normal system operation or emergent behavior. Why wasn't this caught in the numerous design reviews or performance/reliability testing? 2 of my 3 vehicles are Fords, I can't say that my next is going to be. This was easily preventable.

All wheel drive

Powertrain control module I/O response to voltage transients, over voltage, under voltage, short to ground, short to battery, open circuit, intermittent shorts/opens, A/C coupling from adjacent circuits/plug coils, EMI susceptibility, and reverse polaity would be a start for all I/O. I would specifically test the plug coil I/O for failure conditions when the coil is about to open or short. Determine the voltage spike/transient levels that are causing the PCM output FETs to blow and protect against it. This is a big black eye for Ford given the vehicle movement towards more electronic control. Makes me question their more involved electrical systems, like on the hybrids.

Good Car
By andrewland2003

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my used 07 Fusion in July of 08.
It's been a very good car, except for the times that I've had to take it in to the dealership to have the control arms fixed, several times.
No problem though, I bought the extended warranty when I bought the car, which has cover all but $100 of my expenses, and my local Ford dealership (Bartow Ford) hasn't given me any problem with getting a loner car.
Ford has really won me over with this car, and their customer service.

Love the body style. Much better than the new body style. Big mistake by Ford to change it. I think it's the best looking mid-size car on the road. I really like the two tone interior (beige seats and carpet w/ black dash and door trim).

Underpowered. I'd like to be able to at least keep up with a Maxima, or Acura!

It can be trust.
By Willy

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 47k miles I can say it, it is a very good car for the money, still original tires, no problems whatsoever, no recalls.

Steering wheel controls. Quality of doors closing. Trunk capacity. Handling on rain.

more power to the engine. move the knob of the lignts ( you can turn it off with the knee) Turning circle.

Great Car
By Mike d

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have had this car for three years and still love it. Just did the breaks and tires all around after 45,000 miles. The car handles and performs very well. Was going to get a Taurus again but glad we didn't. Much better gas mileage! Has lot's of power. Love to Punch It on the highway! One problem to date dealt with the sunroof. Leaks through the sunglass holder in the headliner after an extreme rain when the car is tilted downward to the front in my driveway.

The power & handling.

Seems they don't make the AWD in the SE model anymore. Ford just trying to make more money and force you into an SEL or Sports model.