Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Love it
By Rick

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Getting rid of her Camaro, my wife needed a family car. We looked at the pricey Camry, Prius, Accord and Mazdas out there and landed on the Fusion. Mainly for the styling, room, and price tag. We bought it used with 10,800 miles on it. She does a 60/40 HWY/City driving that yields great mileage. Constantly getting 25 mpg in the city and 31-37 mpg on the highway. A recent 200 mile road trip yielded 34.8 mpg at 75 mph with A/C on and 4 people plus luggage in the vehicle. We really love the mp3 input jack that allows for unlimited music tunes through our trips. She drives 25 miles one way to work and gets an average of 30.6 mpg with her city/hwy driving.

Of course the mp3 jack. sporty feel. best price in class, fuel mileage, and a very roomy interior (tall people can sit in the rear seats and not be cramped), and lots of trunk room. 5sp auto drops the rpms on the hwy to 2500 at hwy speeds.

Lower back deck for visibility. I'm 6'2" and I have a hard time seeing (maybe add reverse sensors). better designed center console for cup holders and shifter. 4 cyl engine needs much more hp (add about 20-30 hp). Other than that it's a great car with awesome fuel economy and safety ratings.

Try it you'll like it
By Mark

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Live in the snowbelt of Northern Ohio. Needed a new car, test drove everything in this class with the exception of the Fusion. Decided to buy an Impala but the deal was not to my liking. Went to the local Ford dealer and test drove the AWD SEL and bought it as soon as I returned from the test drive. Mind you I bought it during a snow storm and was very impressed with the AWD system. I drive 70 mi a day and love driving this car. Great seats,audio and climate control. Averaging 26 mpg on highway and 22 in city and I am an aggressive driver.The interior absolutely beats all otheer cars in this class. Love the seat warmers!

6 disc CD audiophile interior (piano black) very classy MPG Lots of room for the entire family (great back seat room).

View out rear window when adult passengers in back seat. A few more horses would be nice.

Quality & Value
By bpayton63

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very disappointed with the quality if this car. I have had to replace a front wheel barring not 2 months after purchase and have had transmission problems this car does not have the power you can't pass unless your going down hill or have plenty of room it does not feel safe on the interstate. The battery terminal went bad and that had to be replaced too. The interior is cheap and the seats are already separating (I weigh only 125 lbs) and the trunk doesn't say open. As far as design and comfort I love it that is why I purchased this model. Unfortunately you'd better love it because there is no trade in value my $16,000 car is only worth $7,600 depreciated 1/2 in 8 months.

I really like the design and it is good on fuel mileage. This car does handle very well in heavy rain and seems to be balanced so there is no hydroplaning.

Interior and overall quality. I purchased this car because the great reviews but on websites such as this but unfortunately my experience is not so good. Certified Used Car means nothing.

Awesome vehicle
By Jeremy81

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owened, very reliable, very economical, fun to drive. Very sharp looking car. Six star rating. I will be trading it in next year for a newer one. I like the way the 2010 models look.

Huge trunk. Spacious back seat for the kids and friends. Six disc CD player with controls on the steering wheel.

Sun roof option.

This car is great
By AARON

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When my wife and I went shopping for a new vehicle for her, we were open minded, we spent the summer looking at just about every vehicle in our price range. We couldn't agree on anything, as goes with pretty much everything else. When we took a Ford Fusion out for a test drive, we both liked it. We did take a few other cars out for test drives, and nothing compared to the Fusion, and I knew we wouldnt be happy with anything else. We settled with the 4cyl, because she mainly drives around town. But I was shocked when our family went to visit relatives 200 miles away, and with our boys, 6 and 15 years old, who didnt once complain about being cramped, and a trunk load. still averaged 28.5 MPG.

It's fun to drive. We like the overall appearance. And plenty of legroom which is hard to find in a midsize car. The 4 cyl engine is impressive. This was a well thought out car. And the stereo sounds awesome for a factory unit. If you are looking for a new vehicle, don't overlook the Fusion.

We have no complaints. My wife is very picky, but she loves her new car.