Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car
By Utah Driver

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 98 Breeze 4 banger for this car, only 32000 miles on the Fusion. Getting 32 MPG on the Fwy. The Breeze only got 24.

Very nice riding, no window or door noise even at 80 MPH, we can talk at a normal voice level. Very peppy for a 4 banger, its what we were shopping for, we were looking for better MPG.

3rd brake light hampers the rear view. Still a great car!

Paint, Paint, Paint
By AJ

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love the looks of this car...when I can keep paint on it. Comes off it big (postage stamp) pieces. Primer sticks to the back of the paint. Bare metal is exposed and you know what that means rust. Ford will not help. I have repainted both fenders and one door (stripped to bare metal with a razor blade). Now I have another door pealing. Guess I will trade. Inside door handles bubbling as well. 11th Ford probably will take a break after this one.

Smooth and quiet ride (windows are a bit noisy, but very tolerable). We got good mileage with this car and were happy with its performance in all conditions. Really reliable in the snow.

Expensive tires. MUCH better help with problems. I didn't paint that car so why is it my problem to pay for? I waited and was as helpful as I could be for 6 months. NO MORE.

Happy with fusion
By brad

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The fusion wasn't my first choice, it was a nissan maxima but I wanted to get a ford to make my family happy. Its a really nice car. Reliable, excellent "sharp looking" interior, a ton of options, a little sluggish with the 2.3 but you can't get a 5 speed with the 3.0 engine. I thought mileage would be a little better but I'm not complaining. For a guy that's had audis and saabs my whole life. Overall easily a 8 out of 10.

interior, storage and controls

Make the bigger engine available for a manual transmission

Excellent Car
By LoveMyFusion

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about a month now, and I just adore it. I had two cars before it that were unreliable and cheap, and this car is just fantastic. I honestly have no complaints. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

I love the stereo- it sounds wonderful. The seats are very comfortable, it drives smoothly, and is very roomy. The exterior design is great, and the interior looks far from cheap.

It could get better gas mileage, however for a 2006 it's pretty average. I'm getting about 26 mpg average.

2006 Fusion
By Ruth

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Seems to be some defects on vehicle that Ford is not addressing. Already replaced turn signals lights~ 4 times, Replaced all 4 rotors. Inside handles are bubbling,not yet pealing. Biggest thing is the paint is starting to peel off the hood from the underneath with some bubbling around the underneath. Windows don't seal good enough, sounds like air coming in when going down highway.

Comfortable riding car

Address the problems of peeling paint both exterior and interior handles. Fix the problem of windows not sealing.