Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Transmission Problems at 70K
By Northern IL

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this used with 3K miles on it, have driven 80K. I really like the car. There are two issues, one is the lumbar support broke, the part is $35, but the seat would have to be taken apart. The real problem is the transmission. It will jump out of gear on hard acceleration, and won't downshift at times or when it does it clunks into gear. There is a module inside the transmission that is worn out, appears at about 70K plus miles. So you're out of warranty. It is about $2K to fix. Gas mileage is also lower than expected, but it is a heavy car. I get around 24 average (hwy and town).

Styling and comfort. Sporty feel.

Stand by your products when they fail.

The best in its class
By Wildfire007

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2006 Fusion used as a 3rd vehicle. It had 18,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. It has proven so flawless and so much fun to drive that we are using it far more than our other vehicles. The fuel mileage is incredible. In driving that is typically 75% highway and 25% city it never gets less than 29 mpg, and on trips at 65mph it averages between 34 and 38 mpg. The interior is roomy and very comfortable, and the ride and handling are excellent. I highly recommend it. Not a single problem at 36,000 miles now. I did replace the driver's side door handle, but this is a $40 part and only takes about 15 minutes to replace with very few tools.

I love the styling, the interior layout and the storage compartment on top of the dash. It also has a smooth ride and handles very well for a family sedan. The I-4 has ample power for merging and passing.

None. You can't improve on perfection. Our next new car will be a Fusion.

Don't buy it
By JLL

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my fusion since March of 2006. The 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty is gone and so is my transmission. I have had crappy gas mileage on this car pretty much since I bought it. Ford says I need to replace the transmission because of a bad solenoid and they will contribute $1000.00 to the cause. Ghee thanks Ford! If it wasn't for the crappy transmission I wouldn't need your help at all. Will not buy another Ford!

Make a transmission that lasts longer than 45,000 miles.

Never ever will I buy a Ford!
By wife of a police man

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car with only a few miles on it. Fun looking, silver and loaded with black leather, sunroof, v6, very sharp!

Rooters have been replaced, another part that i cant remember the name 250.00, and now my air conditioner has went out! it seems as soon as i get one problem fixed, it's back at the ford company again! they all know me now by name and my voice over the phone! ugg! very aggravated!

I like how it picks up speed on a split second!

Hate Fords!
By MelissasFusion

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Brand NEW Ford Fusion in 06 not to long after that the interior door handles are sticking and the back two are actually broken! Ford won't replace and they want like $100 a piece! this should be something they should want to replace due to safety issues at no cost! They are not very helpful at all!

Nothing really! Hate this car looks good though but hate it

FORD should replace handles every person i know with an 06 has the same problem!