Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Serious Engine problems
By fusionowner05

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1 month after I purchased my used Ford Fusion I had to replace the entire engine due to there being NO OIL in my engine...?? They couldn't find out where it's going or what is wrong with it. My warranty that I purchased covered the replacement with another used engine...I kept up with repairs and oil changes. 1.5yrs later it is devoid of oil AGAIN, and I am told I need another new engine...?? I'm done with the car, and have began seeking legal counsel since the Ford Dealership won't do anything for me. Suggestions about this situation is welcome!

a/c and heat. good head room. 6 cd changer is fun. cabinet on top of dash is awesome. fairly quick in movement, smooth ride. OK gas mileage.

Engine needs to be better quality! Better trunk entrance, it seems awful narrow. cannot put medium sized furniture in the trunk. headlamps are foggy. spoiler on trunk make it near impossible to see out back window. The drivers and passenger seats are kinda bucket-y and hurt for long drives.

Transmission issues
By calninja1969

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased car used, it look brand new inside out, after first day the transmission started to slip so dealership put in a new transmission, I got the car back after a week in the shop and drove the car for about a week and started smelling transmission fluid, so I look under car and noticed transmission fluid leaking and bottom of car covered in fluid, so car is going back to dealership for repairs once again and will let you know in about a week when I get the car back.

Other then transmission problems, I love the car.

Ford to recall car and put in an updated transmission with less problems.

update to i want to love it again
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

car had 6 oil leaks. couldn't find issue with the transmission, airbag light "fixed". got car back Tuesday, was back in this am because of tranny light on again and airbag light. airbag kit needs to be replaced, not covered by warranty, and dealer can't find the issue with the powertrain/transmission light. word to wise, do not by a first year make/model of any kind. so my car will continue to skip and buck until I can find the right mechanic I guess! good luck!

I want to love it again!
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car 10 months ago after searching for 4 months for a car we liked and could afford. I read the reviews and saw the tranny flags go up!Take extended warranty. About 5-6 months ago I called the dealer to say our car was dry on oil.I won't even get into that dealership on here. Last week my car was bucking and shifting hard! Powertrain/transmission light came on and went off. Got it into dealership! 5 oil leaks! Needs a control arm as well. Thankful we took out the extended warranty because it now sits at shop with expensive repairs. Dealer says that's why it was bucking. Well we will see when I get it back.I am told by people oil leaks won't cause transmission to buck! we'll see

outside style. trunk space. easy controls.

radio lights go out, and door handles peel and break. Oil leaks and transmissions seem to be an issue. Also not great in the winter weather experienced in northeast!

good car good mpg
By cde5151

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car for last 3+ years, never been in shop, except for tires I change my own oil, fan is loud but normal for fusion. good ride .. tires all wore out by 36k, now have Nexen tires, they seem ok at 55k. I did just put in battery also. MPG average 28 with 70% hwy and 30% city

headlights, room for 4 adults