Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I love my new Ford Fusion
By linda

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had such good luck with this car. It handles very well and looks fabulous! I work at a hospital some of the doctors thought I was driving a new Caddy with the beautiful chrome front grill. I love the heated seats now that the weather has become cooler too. Very classy car.

Favorite features are the moon roof, heated seats, and controls on steering wheel. I love this car.

No improvements needed, great car.

Ford Did it Right
By Brian

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 2006 Fusion with auto transmission 4 cylinder. Handles very well, better than Accord or Camry. Very responsive and good braking - I have the ABS. Getting 29 mpg all the time. Good pick up and is an excellent passer even at 65 mph. I worked for Ford for 5 years and this is a better car than the Focus was when it came out. Only complaint is that there is some engine noise, maybe a little more sound insulation. All in all a very good car, my wife really loves it too and would like to get another one.

More sound insulation for engine noise, maybe a Bose or high end sound system for the car.

Great Car!
By Phillip Smith

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wifes new Fusion is the best riding Ford with the least road noise I've ever ridden in. I've always been a Ford man but thought the Fords always had too much road noise but the new Fusion does not. Got the V6 with more than enough power. Gas mileage runs about 26 in the city and was 28.5 when new on the highway; should be around 30 or better now on the highway. Very tight made and a pleasure to drive.

The upgraded stereo, the tight steering and great, smooth ride along with good gas mileage.

Anti-lock brakes standard.

5 SP SEL Fusion
By R Bates

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far the Fusion has continued to impress me. The 4 cylinder 5 speed SEL combination was hard to find, but well worth the hunt. The handling is very direct with a European flavor which I appreciate. Try the 5 speed before you fall in the automatic crowd, you won't regret it. So far reliability has been perfect without any hint of problems, rattles, etc.

Overall vehicle dynamics are the best feature of the car.

A 6th speed would be nice, as the gearing is fairly short, especially when cruising over 75mph. This should also further improve the already fuel economy.

Good for the money
By afrank

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I skeptically purchased my Fusion SEL in June of 2006. I have gotten a lot more than I expected from the car-the only things I would change are the stereo (no iPod jack) and add a bit more power under the hood. Other than that, great car and very comfortable seats.

Seats, fold down rear seats, power sunroof, sound system, fuel economy.

Stereo needs an iPod jack!