Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Better Than I Expected
By Bill

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car after owning a Honda and a VW and wasn't expecting too much. I've owned Ford's before and have had good luck but this car has far exceeded what I expected. I'm 6'-6", and the interior space is great, including the trunk. I bought the I-4, SE w/SE premium package and a 5 speed transmission. The car has very good acceleration, handles well and gets gas mileage above what I expected. The radio is very good and plays MP3 CD's, seats are comfortable and is a great looking car. For the amount of money you pay, this car is a great deal. In 5 months of ownership I've had not 1 problem or complaint or any reason to take it to the dealership. For the price & reliability try Ford again.

Great looks, radio, fun to drive. Great deal for the price.

Radio sound and functions great but could use a more updated look. Steering wheel appearance could be better. Side airbags and ABS should be standard, not an option.

Great car for Ford
By biffalobull

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned Fords for ever. I'm a big guy and bought the car because of the attractive styling in and out, and the huge amount of room for a large person. It is wonderful to drive in and out of the city. Great mileage, attractive, and comfortable. Best car for the money on the road.

Leather, dashtop glove box, interior room, finish in and out.

Full 8 way power seats on passenger side.

I'm Impressed!
By Bonny

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car for 6 months and the experience is amazing. It is smooth, classy, and comfy. Anyone I offer a ride to is immediately impressed and pleasantly surprised that it is a Ford. I rode in a 2007 Toyota Camry recently while visiting a friend out of state and my Fusion far surpasses the Camry ride. Both were V6s but there was no comparison. Fusion Rocks! I didn't tell him that...but I was so happy with my decision to buy the Fusion. The spacious interior of the Fusion is also a huge plus that the Camry doesn't come close to providing. Ford did it right this time!

The spacious leather interior, the generous trunk space, the V6 kick and the smooth ride.

Some cheapy exterior construction (fake chrome grill, huge oversized/bold blue ovals, hard plastic back lower bumper areas).

2006 Ford Fusion SEL I-4
By Mark

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a new Ford Fusion I-4 after trading in my Expedition. The gas mileage is so good on the Fusion. I average about 22-25 mpg in the city. The interior is comfortable (w/standard cloth seating). Everything is nice and accessible. The controls on the steering wheel (for the climate control and radio) are so nice to have. Love the console shifter and the Automatic Climate Control. I wish the SEL came with standard automatic headlamps. But besides that, the Fusion is a great car to own.

Auto climate control, Exterior and Interior Design, Controls on steering wheel, and just the overall comfort of the vehicle.

Auto headlamps standard on SEL, and maybe standard leather. Also, the price could be a little cheaper.

Run for the Money
By L Man

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven pickups all my life and I was not sure how I would like driving the Fusion on a daily basis, but it has been very good and is very comfortable for long trips and office trips. The V6 is the best option for engines and leather seats comfort the ride. This vehicle is a winner.

Smooth ride, good performance with fuel economy, progressive looks with a touch of class.

Slightly lower rear deck to increase rear line of sight.