Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Love this car!
By hankfink

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love it! Beautiful inside and out, very comfortable and I get 43MPG average. I drive pretty fast and on a regular bases exceed the MPGs. It's rated at 43 MPG now, so I'm happy thats exactly what I get. The stereo is great, and the navigation more accurate than a smart phone. On a trip from SF to LA I have a 1/4 tank left over. Surprises everyone how nice the interior (luxury package w navigation) is. Oh the brakes are great!

Interior, exterior styling. It's fast if you push it, and handles well.

Wish devs had apps for MyFord Touch, I'd like real buttons for climate controls and the radio and maybe more wheel options cause they're difficult to clean. I've had zero issues with the sync system, and I've found that most complaints were below a certain version.

Best Car I have purchased in years!
By terryauto

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Flawless! I have owned just about every make of car from high end US, European & Asian models to entry level cars and trucks.
I own 6 different cars and trucks and collector cars. It is fair to say I have experienced many different technologies. My Fusion Hybrid SE is loaded with all the options and has been flawless. At first the mileage was in the mid to high 30's and after 1500 miles I am up to 43mpg. The key is to take into consideration your driving style, road conditions, wind conditions. One thing i quickly learned was to use the cruise control as much as possible as it really helped my mileage. I am very impressed with the build quality, ride and performance of my Fusion! Love it!

The Ford Sync system, adaptive cruise control, parking system, interior fit, form and finish, cool exterior styling resembling Aston Martin! The car can deliver power when needed and has great acceleration for a hybrid! I own high torque/horsepower cars and the Fusion is no slouch! The ride is solid and comfortable and the quietness of the ride is better than other high end cars we have owned! That was a real surprise! Fuel economy is coming on and hopefully as we put more miles on the car it will get closer to the EPA rating. Wish they still sold fuel without Methanol! You would have better mileage and performance.

Allow the option for the high end Sony Stereo in the SE model! Add a power passenger seat that moves in the same motions as the drivers seat. Everything else is on target.

Nice looking, but don't expect great mileage.
By dougbratman

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 2013 Fusion Hybrid gets about 37 or 38 mpg on average; about 9 mpg less than the stated 47. It's not a lot different than my wife's non-hybrid 2013 Accord. And the price for this mileage is not much power. I brought it in for the "software update" but it did nothing to help. This is a $33,000 car! The car is attractive and comfortable, to be sure. The Sync system is not optimal. When I turn on the car the phone syncs, but I cannot use it for a full 5 minutes or it makes the call and the other person can't hear me. The Accord works right away. There are also times when, in order to disconnect from the call, I literally had to pull over and shut the car off. Talk about a hard reboot!

Attractive car. Comfortable seats and smooth ride. Better mileage than the average mid-size though, as stated, nowhere near what's promised. Love the backup camera with full color display (The Accord also has a camera on the passenger side to see blind spot). Blind spot monitoring. Beeping when close to rear or side object. Handles well in snow with snow tires. Smart, efficient interior design. Cap-free gas tank access. Heated seats with 3 intensities.

Some design/manufacturing flaws. The mileage is nowhere near as promised and Ford knows this. They had a softwear update that is ineffective. The Bluetooth phone doesn't sync for several minutes at best and is quirky. I've had to pull over and turn off the car to end a call. You can't adjust temperature from steering wheel, as you could with my Explorer. When you wash the car the portion under the trunk lid remains dirty (design flaw). You can get more power with a heavier foot on the gas, but the mileage will suffer greatly. Worse mileage in cooler temps when the engine must stay on longer. Ford should reimburse us for the hundreds of dollars in gas we are buying vs what they promised.

A Big Disappointment
By jay26tm

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning this lemon for three years, I've finally been able to trade it in. It had experienced over 200 separate issues and spent 30 total days in the shop - including for a leaking sunroof, a faulty battery, and a complete control module replacement. Overall fuel economy was only 37 mpg, which is what I'm now getting out of my new non-hybrid Honda mid-size sedan. One of the biggest reasons to turn it in was the overall lack of power - I couldn't accelerate from a stop light without redlining the engine, and merging into traffic at highways speeds was a struggle. And if the 12-volt battery dies, nothing works. You'll have to fold down the rear seats and climb through the trunk pass-through to pull the trunk emergency release handle to access the battery compartment in the trunk. Make sure you can actually fit through there before buying! (Still not sure why the battery died in the first place after only two years - everything in the car has an auto-off feature to prevent draining the battery).

But the biggest reason to get rid of this is the possibility of another major electrical fault while driving - the last time it happened, everything electrical went out while cruising down the road at 50 mph, including dashboard indicators - the only thing on the dash that still worked was the speedometer & tach. The navigation and entertainment systems stopped working. The climate control system quit working & I couldn't roll down the windows (this happened in June). All safety features were also inoperable (adaptive cruise, blind spot, rear camera, and collision warning), and I had no idea if the airbags would deploy if I got into an accident. The intelligent access system quit working, and the only way to start the car was to have the key in the console backup slot. The dealer had to replace a number of control modules and the entire console computer system due to poor workmanship from the factory that allowed water to saturate electronic components. I wonder how many other systems got soaked but weren't replaced. Water damage does strange things to computers, especially over time when corrosion starts to set in. I don't want to be saddled with those repair costs now that the warranty has expired.

Overall, a very bad investment for me. I guess out of every 10,000 cars, one is faulty, and I got it this time. But the lack of power and poor fuel economy are universal problems for this car, so select a different engine. Even if it had gotten the advertised 47 mpg (later revised to 42 by Ford), the cost savings in fuel does not equal the cost savings of selecting a standard engine instead of a hybrid. And the car *still* has three outstanding safety recalls (including the Takata airbag issue) that the dealer can't seem to find parts to fix... Out of the twelve cars I've owned throughout my life, this one has been the WORST, and I will never again consider purchasing a Ford vehicle.

Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013
By ksaclo

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned for 7 months and reading reviews to see if there were serious issues I may run into. The majority of the reviews are right on target with my findings and the only bad reviews are from people who do not drive the car properly or are having a specific one off issue, then blowing it out of proportion (e.g. tires rupture easily. Huh?). Currently getting 44.4 MPG once I learned not to punch the gas pedal and keep the gas lightly applied esp. on the HWY (60-70). Teenage daughter driving goes down about 10 MPG (2+2=?). Love this car and is the best commuter car ever purchased. That coming from a very experienced southern California driver and a friend who owns the Titanium agrees 100%.

Technical amenities are nice. I am in the technology industry so I know what I am referring to. I had a person in my car who owns a nice 2 year old BMW who commented "Wow, I wish I had some of those features on a touch screen in my car.". Rearview camera is also nice and the overall stylings compared to the majority of hybrids (which are either ugly or the same body as their best selling car, with the hybrid slapped on to it).

Noticed a few glitches in the Sync/bluetooth features, but nothing that prevents me from using it (e.g. can't go back scrolling thru phonebook while driving, but can scroll ahead.).