Used 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (15 reviews )

A Very Practical Vehicle
By TJ

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has a higher price tag than a 4 cylinder Fusion, but this must be viewed as an investment. This car is an absolute champ on gas. I live in the mountains so my MPG is probably below average for a Ford Fusion Hybrid owner (I average about 37.2 mpg). I will admit that I was expecting my total average mpg to be a little bit higher (maybe 5 more miles to the gallon), but during my commutes to the downtown area of my city via highway, I average about 48 mpg per trip which really pleases me. As my total mpg continues to go up, the miles per tank go up as well. With the total average mpg of my car at 37.2 mpg I can go nearly 650 miles on a full tank of gas. I only have to get gas every other week even though I commute 17.2 miles to and from the downtown area during the weekdays. Not only does this car save lots of money on gas, but it also looks quite sporty in my humble opinion. The interior of the vehicle is also appealing to the eye. I have black leather interior that looks beautifully classy and is extremely comfortable. My only complaint with the leather is that it is scalding during the summer and freezing during the winter, but there are heated seats to accommodate for this minor inconvenience:) The entertainment display this vehicle comes equipped with is quite the capable machine. It comes with GPS and loads of other features that are fascinating. One example is the power distribution between the engine and hybrid battery. A more practical display is the average mpg (which I use). Although the entertainment/infotainment system has many functions, it is simple to understand and operate. Elaborating on other interior features, the car comes with TWELVE Sony speakers and you can choose to play music with surround sound from them. You can also adjust the bass and treble of the speakers with the infotainment screen. A cool perk to this car is that the cup holder lights can actually change color with the push of a button! The backseat of the car is equipped with an actual outlet which allows for faster charging. One strange thing about the car is the location of the auxiliary port: it's inside the center console and there are little grooves where it closes so the cord can escape without being pinched. I enjoy how this strange location hides the excess aux cord in the console, but the aux cord in the console takes away space from other items in the console. I actually had to look up the location of the aux port on my phone to find it the first time. The performance of this car is quite amazing for the price tag. The steering is tight and the car is agile. The car is also quite quick because of the torque from the electric motor. The brakes of this car are very impressive and responsive. Just last week, some idiot cut me off in an intersection and I slammed on my breaks. The breaks did their job very well and they made the tires squeal. I completely stopped moving in about five feet, leaving plenty of room between me and the idiot who cut me off. The comfort of this car is above average too. My buddies and I took my car camping and drove two and a half hours straight without having to stretch and without getting aching muscles from uncomfortable seats. The seats can be adjusted up, down, forward, backward, and the angle can be adjusted for the driver too. The seats are quite thick, but extremely comfortable and fit the body very well. PROS: MPG, brakes, handling, comfort, speakers, outlet, moon roof, infotainment system, 3 programmable garage door openers, back-up camera, Bluetooth capability, aux, disc capability, 10 GB jukebox, Sirius XM, automatic headlights and windshield wipers MINOR CONS: smaller trunk because of the hybrid battery location, peculiar aux location, could have brighter headlights

More for your $
By Jill

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car with amazing range on a full tank. Cheap and easy to maintain and offers wonderful features in the Premium package.

Great car for economy minded senior
By Larry Lerner

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Trunk is slightly compromised due to battery, but car drives firm and comfortable.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Meredith Zarth

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid in July 2015. I was VERY lucky to find one at a low price with very low miles. This is truly the best car I've ever owned. The technology is *outstanding* and the comfort superior for a vehicle at this price point. Performance and reliability so far have been great for a mid-size sedan. This is the first hybrid I've ever owned, and it took some getting used to when the gas engine would shut off as I idled - or the way it doesn't seem to "start" when I turn the key. But the mileage and easy care have been well worth the adjustment! I would recommend a Ford Fusion Hybrid to anyone looking for a vehicle in or near its class.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By glmamm

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am the first and only owner of my 2011 fusion hybrid. I have 108,700 miles on it and the only thing I have had repaired is my tires. It's a great car and I am so thankful for it. I just wish dealers would stop trying to sell me on fixing things for this car that I don't need. They think I am going to buy their bullshit because the car has so many miles on it. This car is made to last. If I need something fixed on it I get a trusted friend to advise me, not the dealerships. It so sad that I love my car but I can't find a ford dealership service that I can trust. I actually had the last dealer tell me my battery was bad and that it had died on them - so I needed a new one. That's hilarious because it's never ever ever had a dead battery - probably because it has a freakin huge hybrid battery that keeps it well charged. duh!!! I told the dealer it was dead because they did something that made it die. Of course he denied that. Said he saw evidence of battery clamps on the battery - that's because we are always charging up someone else's car!!!!! Love my ford, just wish FORD was pushing for integrity of their dealership service providers!!!!