Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (162 reviews )

Just Go Get One!
By One Happy Buyer

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned the car for 30 days, having traded a 2008 Civic Hybrid. Must say this is an amazing change for the good. Ride, room, handling, amenities, everything about it is a big plus over the Civic we really loved. Can't say enough good about my experience so far!

The graphics are fun to watch and informative. The standard radio a great choice. The ride is plush next to what we had before.

Only one I find that the AC vents don't turn upward enough for me to cool the top of the interior. I'm tall and I can tell that the AC is not getting to the top of the interior on a really hot day.

Stalling Issue - Another Example
By bert

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's back in the dealership which seems unable to fix the problem of unexpected stalls whether traveling on the interstate or in the mall parking lot. I wonder how many others are experiencing this safety issue? Ford Motor seems unaware of the issue.

Gas mileage and the Microsoft navigation/entertainment system

Fix the stalling safety defect.

Best hybrid on the market
By Eric

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've driven the Prius, the new Lexus, the Highlander, and the Civic Hybrid. In terms of ride quality and performance, none of the other hybrids are as good. The transition from electric to gas is seamless, the vehicle handles well, and accelerates quickly and quietly. I'm getting 40 mpg on average, and I drive aggressively. Consumer Reports data now overwhelmingly confirms top reliability for this car, and I know a number of other people who own them. I am very suspicious of the below reviews regarding reliability problems. Are these Honda and Toyota employees?

Styling, electric to gas transition, performance, and tech features.

Not a fan of the wheels or low positioned climate control settings.

Love it!
By krennis

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Fusion for 3 months now and love it! I'm averaging 39.9 miles per gallon and that's a combo of back roads and highway. It's comfortable, handles well, and doesn't feel any less powerful than a gas powered car when merging or passing on the highway. I was a bit intimidated by all the technology at first but once I know how to use it - it's great and my passengers are always impressed. I don't regret my decision to trade in my Honda for this car at all!

Quiet, back up cameras, sync, and roominess. I also enjoy driving by gas stations.

memory on driver's seat. Black cloth interior shows a lot of lint and cat hair - and my cats don't ever get in my car.

Poor Gas mileage
By Jack

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for 6 months and only get 31 mpg city/hwy. From everything I read I'm one of the very people owners that is getting this low of mileage! Dealer said that because I drive a short distance around town, that is what I will expect. I have driven 60 mi. plus and still can't get over 31 mpg. Ford advertised with city driving, you would expect the best gas mileage, not mine! I have talked to Ford Corp. and depending who you talk to I've gotten contradicting explanations. This is my only complaint with the car, but I bought it thinking I would get much better gas mileage, like reported. I can't imagine if I drove in cold weather what I would get.

I like the style, interior, backup sensor and how roomy it is.

Be realistic about the 36/41 mpg to your car buyers!