Used 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (162 reviews )

Many bad experiences
By tpacarman

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the Fusion hybrid new in 2010. In four years have had two major issues, causing the car to render itself dead. The first time was in the middle of a multi-lane bridge with fast moving traffic, with a stop-immediately warning, leading to seconds of active time before car had to be pulled into shoulder. Towed, charged $500 or so. Two years later get another message "service power steering now" and the car again is unstartable. This time Ford service is quoting $1800 plus a diagnosis fee.

Car looks good, interior is done well. Fun to drive when it does drive well.

Work on reliability. One serious problem in the first few years of a car might be OK. But two or more in four years points to poor build quality.

Excellence in measured in a variety of ways...
By sthkone

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my '10 FFH as its second owner in July of 2012. The previous owner from elsewhere in Wisconsin had put 68,000 miles '+' on the vehicle before trading it.
My previous car, a 1995 Chrysler Concorde, performed admirably in the 14 years I had it, but I needed something more efficient for the 60 miles a day I commute to work round trip.
The Fusion is now up to 90,000 '+' miles and has not needed more than Oil Changes and had its 90k service performed at the Ford Dealer I purchased it from in Southern WI.
The balance on this car, especially in the winter, is the best I've ever driven. It also handles very well in the dry, very unlike the appliance-like Prius.

Moon and Tune package. Bluetooth connectivity allowing for hands-free cell calls. Handling in dry, wet, and snowy conditions. Acceleration from the Hybrid drivetrain (Auto writers in 2009 and 2010 expounded on the balance of the driveline out performing Toyota's Hybrids and they're not kidding; real world experiences here back that up 100%). Sync - Yes it is a bit hard to get used to, but reading and annunciating your commands helps the process along greatly. Room inside is comparable to the Concorde I owned previously, but I'm getting double the mileage now. Average Spring through Summer Mileage (Mixed Driving Cycles) - 36 to 42 MPG Average Winter Mileage (Mixed Cycles) - 30 - 35 MPG

Some have said mileage, but honestly the person driving the vehicle logically will get what they deserve. Also, Hybrid mileage still trumps most everything, even in the winter months. Remember, if its sub-zero outside and you want your heater on, then the gas engine is always going to run more frequently to keep you and everything else on the vehicle warm. I'll take the trade-off as no vehicle can get max mileage in middle of an upper-Midwestern winter season (i.e. This Hybrid owner is logically seeing the tech for what it is; efficient under perfect conditions, which Wisconsin is NOT known for).

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
By jones4730

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first car bought in six years.
Put a lot of research into it.
Love this car.
Black on black, tinted windows -- I get so many compliments on the exterior as well as the comfortable ride.
Gas mileage is excellent.
I do mostly in town driving so I average in the 30's; highway close to 40.

First hybrid I have owned.
I love it!!

Exterior, comfortable seating, ease of driving, fun to drive, and gas mileage.

40k Mile Update
By kd7oqc

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our lifetime MPG is 38.9 actual (40.4 on the trip computer.) Like my conventional vehicle the mileage swings by several miles per gallon based on driving conditions and weather. Yesterday I got 53.9 MPG on the way to work and 45.4 on the way home. Having owned mostly Japanese vehicles, it will take me awhile to trust the reliability. So far we have had to replace the right front wheel bearing (under warranty). The factory tires (Michelin) need replacing already, which is disappointing. The "0" key on the driver's keypad no longer illuminates. $200 fix. The electric driver's seat is binds when you adjust it to the rear. I'm not sure hybrid tech is cost effective.

Good crash test rating. Comfortable. Attractive interior and exterior. Heated leather seats. Acceptable fuel economy for a hybrid of this size/price.

I am skeptical of the long term quality of the vehicle. I don't buy a car so that I can take time off of work and start dumping money into repairs. I've never had a vehicle with a seat that would bind when adjusting it, no matter how old it was. There is no reason that the LEDs that illuminate the keypad shouldn't last 10 years or more. The infotainment system is busy and inconvenient. The GPS is the least user-friendly that I have used. Compared to Magellan or Tom-Tom, it takes too many key strokes to navigate the menus and enter a destination.

Dependable but no MPG champ
By ekamperman

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2010 FFH new and we've had it for 3.5 yrs. and 40,000 miles.
We only average 34 mpg, not the 40 mpg
we expected.
Oh well, at least nothing has failed on it.
I should count my blessings, right?