2017 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Energi model:

This is my second Energi.
By John Graver

2017 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved my first one it was the Titanium, this one is the Luxury, it is a great car but there are a couple more things that I enjoyed with the Titanium. Gas mileage EXCELLENT. Comfort very good. All the goodies are beyond great. Parallel park YES find and back into parking space YES. And soooooooo much more

No more discounts on gasoline.
By AL

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car, extremely quiet ride. Very well done interior design. I bought this car, mostly because I felt that I could not afford to buy a Prius Prime. Being a Ford, I could find a slightly used one, and get a great deal. I could hardly find a prime, and if I did it was across the country, and cost "new" price. I am glad that I did but the Fusion. This car is very luxurious, way more then the upscale Prime. Real leather seating, not like the Enviroplastic synthetic leather found in the Prime. Great radio! And one other benefit worth noting, people do not automatically have a distaste for you, or blow their horn at you if you are going less then 20 miles per hour over the speed limit. (this happened often in my Prius) To be honest, either car is a great car, we still own the Prius, it is driving my son to college, with only 145000 miles I feel that he will probably own it through out his whole 4 years. But if you are looking for a great plug-in alternative, with twice the luxury, for less price, then Fusion Energi is your car. I charge the car at home, and they allow us to charge free at work. Currently I am averaging 160 mpg. I fill up about once a month, when I get down to 1/4 of a tank. (my ride to work is about 33 miles, so I burn gas for about 7 miles each way.) And we also use it when ever the family goes out. So far it has been perfect. I am only slightly unhappy at Ford, because I just heard that they may discontinue production of this car in the US. I cant help but wonder why, when they seem to have hit a home run with this.

Amazing car
By Donald Gillies

2017 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are coming from a 2000 Lexus Rx300. The 2017 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury (who gives cars 5 different names?) is an awesome car, the nicest car I have ever ridden in. We gave up our Tesla Model 3 reservation to get this car, after renting a Ford Fusion SE Hybrid for 8 days. Gas mileage in hybrid mode is consistently 42-44 mpg without really any lack of power. The Sync3 system is extremely easy to use (think : MacIntosh computer or iPhone ease of use). It syncs with my android phone over bluetooth as I get into the car, without me having to do anything. The 3-level heated seats are great. Visibility is great (i'm 6'1"), the car is spacious, the leather is extremely nice. Headroom is extreme (I got a sunroof and still have good headroom.) Performance is a little sluggish 45-60 mph but then again, I was happy with my Honda Civic which did 0-60 in 11.5 seconds. The 11-speaker base stereo IS THE BEST CAR STEREO I HAVE EVER HEARD (it beats the deluxe nakamichi stereo in our Lexus, easily.) The range (600+ miles) is outstanding. This is definitely the most BEAUTIFUL car on the road today, right up there with a Tesla Model S. The instrument cluster is like a videogame; it grades you on energy recovery in braking & grows green leaves when you save more gas, I love to get a highscore of 100% in energy recovery! My 6' sons are happy in the back seat, HOWEVER, the trunk holds only 5 bags of groceries and maybe 1 or 2 gallons of milk if you pack creatively. I recommend using soft duffel bags on a long trip, to take maximum advantage of the 8 cu ft trunk space! I hope that Ford produces an update that will hide the batteries beneath the rear floor of the trunk, that would make the car optimal. I downrated the Nav system which could not voice-recognize our home street, "Cather Avenue". Android Auto and Apple Carplay work great, but many of the Carplay feature require a wired connection to the car (not a Ford problem; an Apple problem.)

Could be a great car!
By RP

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like this car. I have had it for 6 months. Pro's = If you drive short distances it gets great gas mileage. My best was 115 MPG. The ride is nice (I came from a Lexus). Handles well. Love the auto brights. Con's; Dashboard is coming apart. Heated steering wheel is a pain to turn on. The automatic back up drive does not work at all! DO NOT TRY IT! Radio sound is just ok. First month it charged for 20 miles on a full charge. 6 month later, the maximum charge I can get is for 13 miles.

Fushion confusion
By Pamskie56

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Platinum 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2 main reasons for making this purchase were: The beautiful interior and the salesman told us when charged I would get 100 miles on the battery. After we signed the paperwork and he was going over the instrument panel we found out it's around 20. The car is very nice and rides well, my mileage averages about 50MPG and fully charged I get 19-21 miles on the battery. I do miss having "pick up". Over all it's a very nice vehicle.