Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Excellent Vehicle
By cbce1pjb

2007 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a used 07 Sel FWD In April 09 with 21,000 miles. I can not find anything I do not like. This vehicle has great interior room,and the footprint is the the same as the 98 Taurus wagon with 150K miles on it that I retired. It is the easiest car I have ever changed oil on. The gas mileage is outstanding. 21/22 normal everyday driving. With 5 adults on the Interstate at 70 mph the computer indicated 28mpg. I did not believe that number and did my own calculation and the result was 27.The third row seat is fine as long as your not going too far. The front and second row seats are great. No mechanical problems , but I have not driven that many miles.Enough power for me.

Fuel economy , Interior room

none

Come On Ford Fix Transmission
By Rhonda

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am an avid Ford owner but am extremely disappointed to learn that at 54000 miles I am being told that yes they know there is a problem with the transmission (CVT) and they recognize the risk it poses to citizens but they are not willing to repair at their expense. I really don't want another car but cannot justify repairing this one.

I love the style, versatility and handling of the vehicle.

Own up to the transmission problems. Ford is a good vehicle, don't let the foreign car dealers put you out of business.

Ford Freestyle is a Lemon
By Kim Gittins

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Since I've owned this car the past 1 1/2 yrs its been in the shop for major repairs transmission overhaul, all brakes replaced, traction,water pump, all 4 tires, seat heaters, seat latches, two lines? replaces for leaks in the car total days in shop over 40

Get it together Ford!!!

Great car- should have kept them over
By suzette

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Shame that ford went for funky techno styling in the Flex & Edge. As a more sophisticated individual- the Volvo styling they followed is classic. This car is way more capable than hauling with the seats down, It handles & corners well ; the low wide wheel.frame is great to manuver.Classic ford ride- heated seats, all power options. I saved tons over a used Volvo. And it is an extremely SAFE vehicle. good curb weight- NO roll or sway on bends.turns. awesome in all weather. Can't say enough- have had cadillac prior, SRX is an overpriced joke- except for the Bose stereo. It's a keeper. Ford should have put more advertising into THIS car. Their loss.

ride, style, performance- options. versitility. comfort- comfort - comfort.

Should have bumped to a 3.5ltr = but more than that- FORD should have KEPT this model and ditched the FLEX prototype. Hearse like disco tech looking ride. Some of us prefer classic lines- and have some taste. Volvo next if this baby dies- Hope it donesn't come to that.

Almost the perfect vehicle
By Jeff from California

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As an engineer I tend to research things to the last detail. I was looking for a family car that had a good combination of safety, fuel economy, roominess, luxury, and price value. After looking at everything made, the Freestyle won. We bought used, a 2007 Limited. The car is amazing; Titanium green w/tan leather interior...gorgeous... Lots of room for storage and very comfortable. The fuel economy on the highway is almost 30 miles per gallon...no kidding....the navagation system is wonderful and the back up sensors are very helpful, as is the DVD. After 6 months, no issues. My wife, who hates SUVs, loves the car and wont let me drive it....Its simply amazing.....Well Done Ford.

Room and Storage, Looks, Power seats, fuel economy, Navigation, DVD player, Back Up sensors

hmmm, cant think of any..