Used 2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Throttle Body & Brakes
By Terri

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the car. Did everything a higher priced vehicle did. Just had the third throttle body put in and they can't tell us why this is happening. The first two were covered under warranty buy the last one cost us over $700. Said for us to pay and they will try to get our money back from factory. What about next time. Brakes keep wearing out also. Hate it but will have to get rid of. Ford should admit they have a problem and fix.

Roomy inside and gas mileage.

Admit problem and fix.

Ford Freestyle
By angie

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the freestyle after driving an expedition to save on gas. It is really good on gas I get 27 mpg on highway in traffic. Plenty of room no repairs have been needed after 50,000 miles.

economy car, nice exterior

interior needs improvement for 30k they are cheap looking inside and lots of road noise

Great vehicle
By tool22p

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this vehicle a week ago and it is great. There is nothing to complain about so far, rides and corners great. The engine is then same engine as our 2004 6 cylinder ford mustang had and sounds and acts exactly the same. Enjoy the beefy sound while accelerating. Was told by a Volvo tech that the chassis was the same as the Volvo chassis,as Volvo is owned by Ford this is not a surprise, awesome vehicle..

Roomy, comfortable, has plenty of power, corners and give a nice ride. trainee does not over-shift a slower speeds so one doesn't find themselves drifting into a undesirable speed

Wish the rear window was functional, almost looks like it should

Awesome
By mrs price

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used this year and I am in love with it. I love the style and the comfort. I would say this is the best car I've owned. Talk about space. Very roomy for me and the kids and my daycare. I wouldn't trade trade this care for any other crossover in its class. I am so satisfied and I guess I am a Ford girl again. Go Ford!

I love the third row feature and all the seats fold.

Little extra cushion in the seats

Major problem with transmission
By sharon sine

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 freestyle in April 2088 with just over 10,000 miles. The transmission went in 2009, not sure of mileage and had to be repaired. This month at approximately 48,000 miles it went again. Service decided to would be more cost effective to replace with a refurbished transmission. The car is only 3 yrs old! The refurbished transmission (not new) only has a limited warranty and was told by service that if it goes again after warranty, it could cost 3000 to 5000 dollars to fix. I believe Ford new about the problems with the transmission on these cars and purposely failed to tell of potential transmission problems.

the amount of room of the interior. does not set low to the ground like a sedan and not to high like the bigger SUV's.

Build these cars with better transmissions and acknowledge to customers of potential problems.