Used 2007 Ford Freestyle SEL Wagon Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Awesome
By mrs price

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car used this year and I am in love with it. I love the style and the comfort. I would say this is the best car I've owned. Talk about space. Very roomy for me and the kids and my daycare. I wouldn't trade trade this care for any other crossover in its class. I am so satisfied and I guess I am a Ford girl again. Go Ford!

I love the third row feature and all the seats fold.

Little extra cushion in the seats

Loving the Freestyle
By Stacey

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car almost 1 1/2 years ago, and I still adore it! I commuted to work in it for an entire year and I averaged about 26mpg, which is much better than I had expected. This car is nice for traveling across the country, and it drives very well in the mountains here in Colorado! Since I've owned my Freestyle, I've been able to avoid two near-misses with reckless drivers, and I believe that's because even though it's a small SUV/large wagon, it handles like a car. I still get giddy when I see it in a parking lot with other cars, it's so beautiful! In the year and a half the Freestyle has been mine, I've only had to replace my rear brakes.

6-disc mp3 CD changer, fold-flat rear seats, touch pad for keyless entry, side airbags make me feel safer

My only suggestion is that they start making the Freestyle again, and stop making all the ...blah?... new Ford's they've come out with since.

Good Car
By JC

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased vehicle with 7.5K, now have near 28K. No issues except windshield washer motor went bad (warranty fix). Good MPG 21 city 26-30 Hwy(60to75mph). Wife says seats and suspension over bumps could be softer. Hwy ride is great! Handles well in mountains. Really like the 3 seats, back rows fold flat. Lots of neat features. Storage in dash is nice. A little noisy on initial acceleration.

Gas mileage. Roominess in compact design. Handling.

Softer seats and suspension.Cruise control symbol being lit up in the middle of dash bugs me at night. 2nd row seats could recline more.

Great car
By merlin07

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've been wanting one of these since I first saw it and traded in a 1996 Plymouth Breeze to get it. Love the car, excellent comfort, great in the winter, has heated seats!!! Even a year later I still grin like an idiot, yes I know it's a mommy wagon (and me with no kids) but I just think this is the best car I've ever had.

Heated seats, traction control, back up sensors

Really the only downside is the fuel economy but you don't buy a car like this if you are looking for that

Freestyle is fun, utility, and economy
By Jim Kinney

2007 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This has been a surprising vehicle. I wanted a simple, run-around truck to use mostly in town. I found myself looking for reasons to drive it on long trips. The mileage easily averages 27.5 mpg at turnpike speeds. The power is adequate, and the hauling capacity is amazing. The 6-7 seats are handy, too. It's been to North Carolina, St Louis, central Texas and Colorado. I live in northern Oklahoma.