Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Wagon Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

2006 Ford Freestyle SE in NC
By Jermnc77

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the Freestyle new in 2006. I love the Freestyle! I love the styling cues of an SUV mixed with a stationwagon. I would have loved to seen a "wood" panel addition. This car is an excellent traveler! We drove it from NC to OK and enjoyed every mile. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of keeping this car and paying it off! That has NEVER happened to me! My average mpg is 23 miles per gallon. I have never achieved the advertised "500 miles per tank". Still it gets better gas mileage than any other SUV's or vans this size! I got the CVT trans model. I wish I had gotten a regular trans instead. The CVT has a towing capacity of 2k, while the reg trans had a 3k

Ride height, seat heighth, handling, easy to drive, versatility!, 3 row seating. I just feel safe driving this thing! Rear AC.

Wiper switch seems in reverse to other cars, digital temp controls seem to have mind of own, seats that recline further, rear heat only comes out of one side on models with rear temp controls. Make foglights standard on all models. The black face cluster is hard to see sometimes. Make white stdrd.

Love It!
By carnaby

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Had our 2006 Freestyle 2wd for a year now. Bought used in 2008. Very reliable after driving it from 24k miles to 46k miles. Takes the family everywhere in comfort without being so bulky as a minivan. Second row seats 6'+ adults very comfortably. Third row offers plenty of leg room, and seats 5'8" adults comfortably. Decent in snow, in spite of being 2wd. Nimble enough off road. Rugged compared to crossover SUVs. Excellent vehicle, would recommend.

Simple design that works very well. Very comfortable seating arrangement. Folding third row seats give excellent cargo room. Decent cargo room when third row in use.

Difficult to see cars/pedestrians at intersections because of front window pillar locations.

Quite satisfied!
By Deb

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We replaced our 1994 Aerostar with the 2006 Freestyle SE in 2007 and have not been disappointed at all. It offers a very smooth, comfortable, and quiet ride. We average 20 mpg in town and about 22-24 on the highway. The steering is tight, but can turn on a dime. The only problem we have had is with the second row seating getting stuck and not always wanting to fold flat. Overall we are very pleased with the performance and absolutely love the CVT transmission! The vehicle had 32,000 miles when we bought it and now has 41,000. To those reviewers who say the vehicle has no power I am at a loss as to why because it moves when you want or need it to and it doesn't hesitate.

CVT is wonderful!! Great cargo space. Very comfortably fits 7 passengers of average size.

The cloth seats while comfortable are really bad about staining. The material used for those seats should be replaced. Adding a strap to close the hatch would be nice, especially for short people like myself.

Not bad
By Charlie

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

It is going on 3yrs and about 30,000 miles and no major problems. New brakes as others have mentioned were replaced (covered by Ford). The tires need to be replaced soon. Gas mileage okay (about 18-20 city). Ride is good with plenty of room. Wondering if extended warranty is good idea as with any vehicle.

Roomy and interior looks cool for a crossover.

Better factory tires.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By orrsonly

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I commute on a regular basis with 4 teenagers in the car. There is plenty of room and everyone is comfortable. I also live in Rochester, NY. Snow has been no problem with this "truck", I recently slid on black ice and no damage was done to my vehicle. Mileage is not that bad either for the size, I maintain 22-24 MPG. I would reccomend this car to anyone with kids. I regularly have 6-7 people in the car and there are few fights between the kids and that's saying a lot with my crew!

My teenagers all fit without being in each other's laps. We even have room for friends. The seats are comfortable and if we eat in the car, there is space for everyone's drinks.

Better fasteners for plastic pieces. My kids broke the cup holder in the middle soon after we bought it.