Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

I don't like the interior fabric
By Stacey

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

From the moment I sat in my Ford Freestyle I knew it was the right van for me! As time has gone on I only have one complaint "the interior fabric on the seats are terrible!" Having 2 children it seems impossible to keep the car seats clean! When it rains and I open my door to get in and some rain drops hit my seat, oh well there is another stain! The smallest amount of water leaves a big water spot! In the last 2 years I have spent over $400 getting the seats cleaned. Other than the fabric, I love my Freestyle!

Quite engine and smooth ride

Please put better fabric in the interior!

Real Safe Car
By carlover

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

A great car. I loved the third row seats and a cargo room is the largest of its kind. I was in a roll over accident and totaled the car; however, myself and my three year old walked away with only a few bumps!

Steering wheel controls and third row seats

Brakes and automatic seats folding

Spacious and solid wagon
By cawfebug

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

With about 10,000 miles, we haven't had this into the dealership for anything other than oil changes. Coming from a '01 Honda minivan, this AWD wagon feels much more secure and quite. The third row seat is a great alt to a minivan, fairly easy exit/entry. 3rd row can fold flat for hauling. CVT trans is fine with me, not sure why people complain about it, it gets good MPG for such a large vehicle. Highly recommended.

Comfortable leather seats, heated-memory seats, auto dim rearview mirror, not too big, not too small, simple styling, faux wood inserts look really classy. all row side curtain airbags (5 star rating), AWD great in snow, steering wheel controls.

Stereo system seems a bit weak, tailgate handles are useless (no grip, just a smooth insert which fingers slip out of), green lighting for dash controls are so 1980's!

Satisfied
By satisfied

2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have been very pleased with the ride and comfort of this vehicle. Handles great in the snow. It had plenty of power to get us through the mountains of West Virginia cruising easily at speeds of 80 miles per/hr. The lay out of the third seat accomodates adults as well children and has the added safety of head rests and side curtain air bags. Did get 24 mpg on high way

Safety and comfort. The reverse motion sensor was a hit.

Exterior design could be a little more stylish and get rid of that two tone look

Consider AWD for snow
By Mike

2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I enjoy this car except for 3 problems: (1) The two wheel drive is the worst and most helpless front wheel drive car I have ever driven in the snow. There is too much power to drive wheels causing wheel to spin easily. (2)I started out averaging about 22 mpg in the city and 25-27 mpg on the highway. It now has taken a turn down word to 18 city and 21-23 Hwy (according to vehicle display). This is not what was promised. (3) The vehicle trade in value towards a new car was insultingly low - $13,800.

The car has plenty of power and drives great the quality seems like a Volvo- safety wise.

Rear seats are OK for kids but tight for adults for any extended drives. I don't know how you would do it with the transmission it has but improve front wheel drive traction in ice and snow once again it's terrible.