Used 2005 Ford Freestyle SE Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Ford Mom
By julie

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As a two time Taurus wagon owner, I can honestly say that I love my Freestyle. Thanks Ford for coming up with a great crossover vehicle. I just couldn't see myself in another wagon or minivan. The Freestyle was sporty enough to catch my eye. The only glitches that I have found are: gas cap keeps unthreading from holder, driver auto down window just stopped working and rear tire well is peeling inside. Wish I had gotten leather seats, tan interior is filthy from use. Overall, it's a great car.

I like the reliability of the Duratec engine. Had them in the previous Taurus's and got almost 200,000 miles. The Volvo chassis and overhead airbags are great safety features. I also like riding higher up than before. Rear folding bucket seats and 3rd seat are a nice design. Plenty of room!

I am waiting for Ford to put the 24Valve Duratec engine into the Freestyle. Then I will trade up. The acceleration is very slow! The rear window should open.

Over a year and 16,000 miles so far...
By MacDaddy

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I suppose I may be a typical purchaser for this vehicle ... family guy, kids, dog, and a desire for a fun car but have bowed to practicality. For what this truck/car/SUV/CUV is, it's fine. Drives well, feels safe, returns pretty respectable mileage considering its size (21 city/metro and 25-27 highway). I have not had it back to the dealer for anything. Everything works and runs great. Some of my low marks are for below-par plastic finish, and a lack-luster driving experience, though it is competent. Most drivers will not be as sensitive as I am to some of these nuances. It really is a good car and is very safe. Great family hauler.

Like the rear seat flexibility. Mileage decent. Comfortable driving positions and love the wide door panel tops for arm rest! No dealer trips.

MORE POWER. Interior colors need more definition (sea of grey). Stereo needs help, but again, who cares, may be discontinued. Guess I'll buy an Edge?

Mr.
By Bill Burton

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I live driving at a higher seat level. I can carry my electric scooter in the rear area of the car. I like the idea of having four air bags. I like very much not feeling the gears shift; continuous drive. There is ample power when it comes time to pass another vehicle. The power drivers seat is a good option. I haven't used the two fold-a-way seats in the rear, but it is good to know they are there. On the whole, I am very pleased with my purchase of this vehicle.

Higher seats. The ease of setting and releasing the parking brake.

Need to install daylight running lights.

Free in my Freestyle
By Jeane

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Freestyle since August of 2005. It is a wonderful vehicle. Comfort is number 1 and ease of handling is also superior. The name was perfect.

Gear shift in the floor and driving ease.

When passenger is in front seat, there is no place to put your purse other than putting it in the back floor board. Can tell a guy designed this part.

Love My Freestyle
By Morris MINTON

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Came out of an Escape, needed more room. Freestyle fit the bill to a tee. Rides and drives like no other. Can’t wait to see what's on the board for it when I need a new one

Dual heat/cool controls, Volvo ride, no blind spots.

Make heat/air controls easier to operate from driver side, offer 6 disc changer in the cheaper model.