Used 2005 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 374 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Don't call my crossover a wagon
By Freeloader

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This the best vehicle we've ever owned. It has it all. It's functionality is unequaled. Gas mileage is wonderful for an AWD and it's fun to drive. The simple fact that it's a Volvo dress up like a Ford, only make me happier about buying one. We love ours!

Head room, leg room and comfortable seating for 7. Gas mileage for an AWD. It's a Volvo...really!

With the word "Style" in the name, someone should have given it some.

Never thought I'd buy a Ford
By NewOwner

2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've always preferred foreign cars but Ford came up with something to convert me. We didn't want an SUV or minivan but wanted more room than a sedan. Tested Subaru but felt cramped. There is so much space inside the Freestyle & the ride is just great. I've had the car two months and every time I get in, I think "I love this car"!

Stadium seating, reverse sensor, 50/50 split 3rd row, fold flat seats for all but driver, 5-star safety ratings, CVT is smooth, leg room for 2 back rows.

Interior height (6'3" driver) was an issue with the sunroof - had to go with SEL in stock because all Limiteds had sunroof.

Volvo XC90 at a Ford price
By Dallas family

2005 Ford Freestyle SE Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Looking for a family car to seat 7 - have 4 kids. Bought my wife a 2003 Suburban two years ago. Both thought that with this new vehicle purchase, having two cars in the family which can safely transport the entire family was important. Been driving my Freestyle for a week and happy with the purchase. The power issue is no issue. Don’t understand Edmund reviewers who write about a lack of power. It’s fast and capable of solid acceleration on the highway and city streets. Purchased no nonsense, no frills SE. All I really need in a car is for me and my family to feel safe, some A/C and power to get around in traffic – it has these things at a responsible price.

Comfortable and perfectly adjustable driver’s seat.

None.

Nice Vehicle
By rennoc

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is a favorite of my entire family, smooth, quiet and surprising handling. With the 5:41 final drive ratio the 3 liter Duretec gets the job done. Ford is shooting itself in the foot for not promoting this vehicle. Short Term Gain (sell Explorers) vs. Long Term Corporate Health - sell better economy, safety, people ergonomics, etc. The Freestyle is a very pleasant vehicle to own and drive.

Small turning radius - you will be pleasantly surprised. Lots of comfortable room for passengers and a good amount of space behind the third seat.

Provide polarized sunglasses with all vehicles to eliminate the glare from the dashboard. Counter balance tailgate, can be difficult for shorter people to close.

Happy Freestylin...
By tourist1234

2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The Freestyle has become the default family car for commutes to Grandmas or vacations. It has shown itself to be a comfortable car on long trips. The performance is more than adequate for extended expressway travel. At expressway speeds it is up to the task of passing even on a grade. We often transfer our elderly folks around on chores and trips. They find the Freestyle easy to get in and out of. They also find it comfortable. Our daughter loves the 2nd and 3rd row seats. The handling has been surprisingly smooth with little drift. We have adjustable pedals. Adjustable steering wheel and seats provides a lot of options for finding a comfortable driving position.

CVT transmission. Good view of the road front, back and sides. Comfortable "command" seating. Climate control system. Cargo capacity. Ease of getting in and out of.

Contour center console in front seat for a little wider leg room. Reading lights that can be swiveled or adjusted.