Used 2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon Consumer Reviews - 374 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon

View reviews for a specific Freestyle model:

Ford Freestyle SEL
By fordguy

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is mostly everything I expected. The cargo space is nearly the same as the Explorer I previously owned. The gas mileage, even without the AWD is a bit under what I expected. I get 21mpg mixed driving. The stereo speakers were atrocious and were the first thing I replaced. Quite a surprise in this day and age. I expected better. The engine is a bit under powered and would benefit from a bit more horsepower under the hood.

Cargo space, driving position, easy to get in and get out, dual climate control.

Rear shade to hide valuables, better speakers, larger engine.

Good Family Vehicle
By lyons

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We've had our Freestyle for about 6 months now and love it. It is exactly what we wanted and my wife loves to drive it. We have used it as a daily driver around town and on trips into the mountains, always with great enjoyment. The all wheel drive worked great during our last storm that went through. As for the engine, we knew when we bought it that it wasn't a sports car, but once you get used to the transmission it's great.

Reverse sensor, seating position, AWD, DVD, great cargo capacity.

More leg room for larger adults in front seats. Move the electric mirror control closer to driver.

A Diamond From Ford
By MPirkl

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SEL AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We were in the market for a minivan and "discovered" the vehicle through Edmunds.com. We were impressed with the value of all features and have been thrilled with owning this vehicle. We opted for the AWD version and it is harder on gas than we hoped, but that is the trade off I guess. We have kids and dogs and the vehicle provides great utility. My wife also enjoys not having to climb into it as she did in our former SUV's.

CVT, ride comfort, visibility.

Better trim quality. Better seat leather quality. Third row seat backs should be a composite material not upholstery. We use it for hauling and it is not holding up as well as it should.

Not built with pride
By bigskyride

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon SE AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

First, the car was delivered with minor dent damage in 3 places which was repaired. Next, I received a recall for new gas tank fasteners. With less than 2500 miles, it started leaking engine oil. Also developed a "bumping" sound in right rear when hitting even a minor bump. The car is not "Built with Pride" as the window sticker says. I should have stayed with my Japanese products!

Style, roominess, smooth transmission. Smooth, responsive performance with good visibility. Decent fuel economy. Good safety marks.

BETTER QUALITY CONTROL. Better all weather tires. Eliminate automatic door locking with engine running with driver out of the car.

Retired Person
By Charles Cooper

2005 Ford Freestyle Wagon Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

30 days doesn't give a good review. I like the way it handles, the comfort and it carries my golf equipment with ease.

Controls on the steering wheel, dual controls and DVD player in back for grandkids.

A little more power.