Used 2005 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Freestar

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

don't buy this
By bwmcc

2005 Ford Freestar S 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this minivan since Jan '05. This is a company vehicle so luckily i didn't have to buy this. Been in the shop twice for engine knock and check engine light. Had to replace the gas tank and the knock is better but still there at highway speeds. Was in the shop total of 9 days. If this was my personal vehicle I would be very annoyed. Give me my Caravan back!

Some interior features.

Re-design the seats with adjustable headrests. Work on the engine and get rid of the engine knock.

On par with other vehicles I've owned
By Dave

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a solid minivan then you should consider this one. I looked at the other competitors and they're all great. I made the final decision on price and dealer experience. My second choice was the Nissan, third Honda, and last Toyota. I simply refuse to buy a Toyota because the dealers never budge on price. I've driven Ford and Nissan products and will stick with them in the future.

Good ride. Very comfortable. Fold away rear seat, rear air, and sliding doors. We just completed a vacation trip and the van performed great.

Add auto/electronic lumbar vs the manual lumbar. Add full stow away for the middle captain chairs. Remove hand brake and go back to the floor brake and increase size of front middle storage compartment.

Rattles and noises
By James Littlefield

2005 Ford Freestar SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Isn't it possible for Ford to build an auto that doesn't have rattles in it and doesn't sound like a cement mixer when idling? Friends of ours have a new Toyoda van and when idling, it is impossible to hear it running. My new Freestar sounds like a cement mixer compared to the Toyota. Also at times there is a noise from behind the dash that sounds 100% like a tuning fork. Have taken van back to garage, and of course it doesn't act up! Am I the only one that has had these problems?

Great van to drive, very comfortable.

Better sound absorbing insulation. Also better quality control.

Fab Freestar
By Howard Groce

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Freestar in September 2004 and have really enjoyed it. Styling is outstanding and reliability is unquestionable. Fuel economy is less than I had expected.

Interior storage is excellent. Exterior styling and finish is fabulous.

Fold-away center seats would be a plus.

love it
By ny driver

2005 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love everything about this vehicle. The only con is the plastic interior compared to the upholstered Windstar. Great driving and solid. Wish the DVD player did not block the rear window.

Love everything about this vehicle.

Put the DVD back in the console so it does not block the rear window when down.