The 2017 Ford Focus has a lot going for it, including a comfortable ride, sporty handling and lots of high-tech interior options. Some newer rivals best it in a couple of aspects, but overall the Focus is a smart choice for a small sedan or hatchback.
- Rides comfortably for a small car
- Feels sporty and secure when going around turns
- Interior is quiet at highway speeds
- Lots of available upscale and high-tech options.
- Backseat space is tight for adults
- Underwhelming acceleration, particularly with the 1.0-liter engine
- Focus EV's performance and range is increasingly outclassed.