2014 Ford Focus Consumer Review: GREAT car, best I've owned

2014 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 6-speed Automated Manual)

GREAT car, best I've owned
By noahsride on

2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car brand new in Dec 2013 and I've put 92k on it as of Dec 2016. I have not had a single reliability issue with it. I've changed the oil when it notifies me (~ every 10k) and kept up on the scheduled maintenance. The only true repair had been a leaking gasket, which was covered under the ext warranty.
I am beyond impressed with this car, solidly built and a pleasure to drive. The MyFord Touch screen and technology is great and easy to use, never had an issue.
I have snow tires that I put on in the winter and it makes a world of difference in snow (highly recommend this).
Love the hatchback for storage.
I couldn't recommend this car enough. Best car I've owned.

• Acceleration
  • Purchase cost
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mattsride
on 04/05/14 19:39 PM (PDT)

Hi, I recently just bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback and like you, when I started looking at the car something about it grabbed me. I didn't do much homework on the car like I did all the others and pretty much took a leap of faith on the Ford name. After buying my focus I of course googled "problems with 2014 Ford Focus" and I've been reading a lot of forums that say the Focus has a problematic transmission. I was going to ask you how you are doing with your focus still today.

By bdruggan10r
on 05/26/14 03:14 AM (PDT)

mattsride: The transmission is fine. Ford's Power Shift is a dual clutch, so it feels and sounds odd but it's doing as it should. With dual clutch, one gear is shifting out of gear while the other is shifting into gear. It sounds like a slip in the gear but it is actually doing as it should. Don't let that fool you into thinking there is something wrong with the car. I believe that is what people are complaining about and just don't understand the concept. Besides, you can always go into sport shift mode and select the shift timing on your own.